Spectacular Lighting Just Twice a Year: Don’t Miss Manhattanhenge

Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 Next
ViaFlickr user Nrbrlex

Photo: Nrbrlex via Flickr

16 Responses to Spectacular Lighting Just Twice a Year: Don’t Miss Manhattanhenge

1. Anonymous May 30, 2012 at 11:03 am #

like me gusta la foto

2. Scott Reither May 30, 2012 at 11:28 am #

I LOVE this first image! Now that is sweet-light!!

One of my most rewarding captures is from a pier in La Jolla, California – same kinda thing as this, where you have a couple days a year where you can capture the sun setting directly down the corridor. It essentially took me 4 years to get this shot! Check it out: http://www.scottreither.com/details.php?prodId=65&category=5

3. Christian May 30, 2012 at 2:02 pm #

Wow! Steve Kelly did a nice job there. Are there any more of those beautiful events happening across the US or NY?

Quite intriguing that Manhattanhenge :)

4. Brad May 30, 2012 at 11:13 pm #

I wonder if, centuries from now, ancient astronaut theorists will decide that there must have been some significance to those two dates for us to have built our city that way?

5. faisal May 31, 2012 at 5:21 am #

Excellent image (the first one), very well shot and the light is awesome ;-)

6. RvF May 31, 2012 at 7:36 am #

Fascinating, perfect light for been out and about with the camera:-)

7. Jeff Davis May 31, 2012 at 10:40 am #

So I was trying to figure out a way to determine when this would happen in other locations and I found the NOAA Solar Calculator. It takes a little trial an error but it draws a nice line on a Google Map that shows the direction of the sun.

-Jeff

8. Adam Haworth June 2, 2012 at 3:43 am #

Wow spectacular images, the light is just beautiful.

9. Christy Harper June 2, 2012 at 4:39 am #

wonderful images, gives me an idea :) Thanks !!

10. DanielKphoto June 6, 2012 at 9:45 am #

Wow, “What light through yonder streets breaks”, absolutely stunning! Couple of wonderful shots among these!

Thanks a lot for sharing :)

11. Famous Photographer June 10, 2012 at 8:39 am #

Very great shot timing! This pictures are simply stunning.

12. vinpocetine June 12, 2012 at 8:09 pm #

I enjoyed your intriguing words. brilliant contribution. I hope you release more. I will continue watching

13. fast fire sites June 13, 2012 at 6:43 pm #

Greeting from over the sea. precise article I will return for more.

14. k2ej97739qk May 27, 2013 at 1:27 am #

Great post, thanks for writing it.

15. Klozet Tıkanıklık Açma November 21, 2014 at 5:19 am #

Klozetiniz mi tıkandı? Ne yapacağınızı bilmiyor musunuz? Dert etmeyin klozet tıkanıklık açma konusunda en doğru adrestesiniz. Saatlerce uğraşmanıza, etrafı berbat etmenize gerek yok, bu işi uzmanına bırakın.

1. Manhattanhenge - Danny Dutch's Inspiration - November 25, 2014