The Hardest Photos To Capture: Pro Photographer Showdown Winner Brian Nevins

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 Next

Photo: Brian Nevins on Chase Jarvis Blog

Brian is a decade-long veteran shooter, with images to prove it. I meant to highlight his work immediately after he took Best in Show and People’s Choice awards at the action-sports-focused “Pro Photographer Showdown” which went down in Whistler, BC a while back, but got a little sidetracked. Regardless, here is the work now. Above are some of my favorite from Brian’s portfolio. Click through the image tabs above – the last one is Brian’s slideshow video from the Pro Photographer Showdown. Spectacular.

Having cut my teeth in action sports photography for nearly a decade before broadening my focus as an artist I can say that capturing these images–images where you’re forced to work with mother nature, in her element, on her timeline–is among the most rewarding work IMHO…but is certainly also the most difficult work one can do. Kudos to you, Brian.

_____
Here’s the Showdown site, and here’s Brian’s site.

10 Responses to The Hardest Photos To Capture: Pro Photographer Showdown Winner Brian Nevins

1. Bluestill May 29, 2012 at 10:50 am #

That first shot is just a “killer” photo. Wow. That is the kind of stuff that keeps me committed to photography. I looked at the other photos and I am always amazed by artist who can turn anything into a photo, like the shot of the snow. Who would have guessed? I think it’s time for me to dwell on my landscape skills after seeing these. Thanks for sharing.

2. Des Thureson May 29, 2012 at 2:32 pm #

Number 8 for the win!

3. Mike May 29, 2012 at 6:56 pm #

The best collection of pics I have ever seen by one artist! WOW

4. Paige Overturf May 29, 2012 at 7:56 pm #

Awesome shots!! Love the action in all of them. First photo has got to be my fave…a difficult capture – and the photographer nailed it. Sweet!

5. Jon May 30, 2012 at 2:29 am #

Amazing stuff, but I suspect that one of Brian’s strongest characteristics is patience. Hate to think how cold his fingers must have been hanging around those freezing beaches waiting for the moment.

6. faisal May 30, 2012 at 7:41 am #

Kudos to the photographer, those are indeed hard to capture.

7. Neil Glover May 30, 2012 at 7:53 am #

Great set of images!

One thing though…most Rss readers are only displaying the first image so it is not enitrely obvious there are more too see. I use Google Reader which must be pretty popular and it’s unfortunate that I can’t read the blob post and see all the images without clicking through to the blog.chasejarvis.com site.

8. DanielKphoto May 30, 2012 at 8:55 am #

Very sweet photos! Simon dumont in is cubed pipe: so epic!

I just did my very first skateboarding photoshoot this weekend and I love it so much, so I can agree with your statement about the rewardingness of shooting these kind of photos :)

thx for putting this up :)

9. Christy Harper June 1, 2012 at 3:23 am #

cool pics!! Thanks for sharing :) Mahalo

10. AJC August 28, 2012 at 10:46 am #

None of these images did anything for me – I’ve seen far better images from other photographers.