Inspiring New York City Time Lapse: The Manhattan Project

1 2 3 Next

I’m headed back to New York city this week. The city has a unique way of pushing photographers and filmmakers to be more creative. The constant pulse of visual inspiration is motivational. My own work has been given the occasional Big Apple boost – in fact, it was just one year ago that I wrapped up my Dasein: An Invitation to Hang installation at the Ace Hotel. The mini-doc and some of my conclusions on “An Experiment in Creative Living” in NYC, can be viewed here

Photographer/filmmaker Cameron Michael put out a time lapse of NYC that has been making the rounds the past couple of days (via PetaPixel and FStoppers). Cameron spent roughly 5 months on the project and carried 120 pounds of gear from location to location to capture the piece. It pokes around the entire city and highlights the gorgeous juxtaposition of activity that makes the city so incredible. Super cool homage to the city that never sleeps.

Click through the above tabs to check out two more time lapse videos from other cities I find inspiring: San Francisco and my hometown Seattle. [via Acadian Bay Photography and TimeFramesvideo respectively]

Diamond says:

I really like the dress but know you would seem fab in both! I cannot believe almost everything in the store will probably be 1/2 off! WOW, wish I lived closer because I like The Limited.

Spot on with this write-up, I really believe this web site needs much more attention. I’ll probably be back again to read
more, thanks for the advice!

This web site really has all of the information I needed about this
subject and didn’t know who to ask.

It’s really a great and useful piece of info.
I am glad that you simply shared this helpful information with us.
Please keep us informed like this. Thanks for sharing.

Malinda says:

Hi mates, pleasant piece of writing and good urging commented here,
I am really enjoying by these.

Howdy! This post couldn’t be written any better! Reading through this post reminds me of my old room mate! He always kept talking about this. I will forward this post to him. Pretty sure he will have a good read. Many thanks for sharing!

I located some data related to construction companies online that you might find an interest about.

Euan says:

Does anyone know what the background track is for this video? Absolutely love it!

Alex Cortez says:

must had been a video-captured timelapse. not a ‘still’ one. which explains the really smooth panning and beautiful forward-backward camera movements.

Reigo says:

Oh my god, Thanks for shareing those truly awesome works.

Lorii Abela says:

Truly awesome shots!.. Thanks for sharing!

RvF says:

Beautiful work, thanks for sharing.

faisal says:

The video is not seen, it says not found,

Kunal says:

“This website/URL has been blocked until further notice either pursuant to Court orders or on the Directions issued by the Department of Telecommunications” <- Woah man?

Sid Pai says:

Chase – you should also check out mindrelic.com. He has also documented NYC beautifully just like Cameron here.

Neil says:

How do they get the shots so smooth, brilliantly done!

Ed says:

Amazing HDR/motion/time lapse by my pal Drew Geraci! http://vimeo.com/search?q=geraci

Joshua M. says:

I sincerely appreciate you guys and artist in general for greatly influencing culture and improving awareness of the world around us. I find every post to be motivating and inspiring. If only the amount of happiness/interest brought to people through art was a direct currency to provide income and well being for artist without physically needing to pay them. They deserve it.

rjw says:

The pans, tilts and tracks are so smooth – how do you get such things done in a timelapse?