ryan holiday chase jarvis
UPDATE!! If you’re reading this now – the LIVE broadcast is TODAY. Check out the post below and be sure to tune into www.chasejarvis.com/live today — 11am SEA time (2pm NYC & 19:00 London) — and enjoy the show. See you on air in a few…
____

An online stunt or evocative content takes your work, your product, or YOU from total obscurity to internet sensation. A photographer wins a campaign even though she sucks. A malicious online rumor costs a company millions. What you don’t know is that someone is responsible for all this. Usually, someone like Ryan Holiday. And Ryan is my next –brilliant and certainly my most controversial– guest on chasejarvisLIVE this coming Wednesday, June 27th. You will not want to miss knowing the ethical AND unethical ways of making your work jump off the page and the screen.

Ryan is a media genius who hires and fires creatives–photographers, filmmakers, designers and more people just like us– AND he promotes, inflates and hacks some of the biggest names, celebrities and brands in the world. Ryan Holiday is all these things, he’s also the Director of Marketing for American Apparel, and he’s just 24 years old (yes you read that correctly – he took the job after he turned legal drinking age…). Mind blowing responsibility and million dollar budgets, plus the brains behind all those risque American Apparel ads you’ve seen…. Want to know all his secrets? How to create content that gets noticed? How to get hired as a creative? How to get your name in lights? And then hack the system to get results? It’s more than you think, and it’s not all fun and games. These insights and more will be the topic of the next #cjLIVE. Much like the Ramit Sethi and Tim Ferriss episodes, this coming show is another hard-hitting, actionable, how-to get shit DONE (and what to avoid) episode.

Who: You, Me, RYAN HOLIDAY and a worldwide gathering of creative people
What: Interview and your worldwide Q & A Ryan Holiday
When: This Wednesday, June 27th, 11:00am Seattle time (2 pm NYC time or 19:00 London)
Where: tune in to www.chasejarvis.com/live. It’s free – anyone can watch and we’ll be taking YOUR questions via Twitter.

In addition to providing you with a roadmap for understanding all the above media mayhem, this #cjLIVE show will celebrate Ryan’s much-anticipated book Trust Me, I’m Lying: Confessions of a Media Manipulator (pre-order via that link). Here’s what people are saying about Ryan, below, plus a chance to score the first run signed copies of his book that ain’t even out yet, plus other goodies at the bottom of this page…

trust me i'm lying ryan holiday chase jarvis

“Behind my reputation as a marketing genius there is Ryan Holiday…” —Dov Charney, CEO and founder of American Apparel

“Ryan is part Machiavelli, part Ogilvy, and all results. From American Apparel to the quiet campaigns he’s run but not taken credit for, this whiz kid is the secret weapon you’ve never heard of.” —Tim Ferriss, author of the #1 New York Times bestseller The 4-Hour Workweek

“The strategies Ryan created to exploit blogs drove sales of millions of my books and made me an internationally known name. The reason I am standing here…is because of his insider knowledge.” —Tucker Max, author of the #1 New York Times bestseller I Hope They Serve Beer in Hell

“Ryan Holiday is real. Not only real, but notorious for creating risqué ads online for American Apparel. How could a kid barely legal to buy a drink be the Don Draper of the Fast Company crowd?” —317am.net

“Ryan Holiday is the Machiavelli of the Internet age. Dismiss his message at your own peril: He speaks truths about the dark side of Internet media which no one else dares mention.” —Michael Ellsberg, author of The Education of Millionaires: It’s Not What You Think and It’s Not Too Late

“This primer on how to hack the media zeitgeist is so incredibly accurate, it just might render mainstream media completely useless. As opposed to mostly useless like it is now.” —Drew Curtis, founder Fark.com

***And last but not least… 2 things very important…:

1. Score. In order to pimp this show and help bring together another gi-normous worldwide online audience, Ryan will be giving away 2 signed copies of his forthcoming book “Trust Me, I’m Lying: Confessions of a Media Manipulator”.  The winners will be the first to get their hands on this book, as it’s not officially released until July 19th. To enter to score one of these collector items, send out a creative and interesting tweet that contains the URL (or short url) to THIS post AND hashtag #cjLIVE starting NOW and ending at the beginning of the show on Wednesday.  Enter as many times (tweets) as you want – tweet and retweet – we’ll be watching out for the most creative shoutouts.

2. Special. If you want to score a one-of-a kind gift from Ryan himself, tune in during the show – it will be special, and he’ll tell you how – gotta watch to nail this one…

Special thanks to our cjLIVE sponsors: HP, Broncolor, B&H
Please follow them on twitter at:
@hpprint
@bronimaging
@bhphoto

chase jarvis ryan holiday

Snapshot I grabbed of Ryan with Tucker Max's dog. Austin, TX

26 Responses to Trust Me, I’m Lying: How To Make & Promote Content That Turns Heads — Hacking the System with Media Genius Ryan Holiday on chasejarvis LIVE

1. jason June 20, 2012 at 11:37 am #

Lookin’ forward to it.

2. Jakob June 21, 2012 at 1:41 am #

Awesome

3. faisal June 21, 2012 at 8:55 am #

CANT WAIT, This will be awesome.

4. RvF June 21, 2012 at 9:27 am #

This guy sounds terrific, I hope I’ll be able to re watch it another day since the 27th I’ll be flying to Europe.

5. Harrison Made June 21, 2012 at 8:05 pm #

This should be interesting. Look forward to watching it.

6. Gary Winchester June 23, 2012 at 2:45 pm #

Cant wait to read it in iBooks

7. Jen June 25, 2012 at 10:05 am #

Will there be a replay? Sounds great but I’ve got a meeting and won’t be able to listen live.

8. c.d.embrey June 25, 2012 at 12:24 pm #

Risque ??? What are you talking about ??? Have you ever seen the advertising in main stream European magazines ???
    AA marketing skews young, nothing wrong with that.

9. Scott Reither June 25, 2012 at 4:01 pm #

Shoot! I’ve been so looking forward to this CJ Live – had the morning (in Hawaii) free and now I’ve got booked and can’t watch! I hope you’ll replay it sometime soon for those of us who have to miss.

BTW…I’ve already pre-ordered his book – it sounds awesome!

• Mark Sass June 26, 2012 at 6:59 am #

This is a big topic. Hope you cover as much as possible, because the Zoe Keating episode promised to be full of interesting knowledge, but sadly couldn’t stand up to the anouncing blog post, chase. Anyways it was a great show (visually the best, great music).

Is it possible to give the show another half an hour?

Cheers,

Mark Sass

10. Craig Morey June 26, 2012 at 10:21 am #

Can you ask Ryan if he’s the guy who sent me a couple unmarked boxes of American Apparel clothing a couple years ago? I’m an erotic art photographer, and got a mystery box of AA stuff, with a note that said, please shoot this if you like it, and just credit American Apparel. I did some shoots with it, but never really got a full answer from AA about why they wanted their stuff on an erotic photo site (although I always assumed it was a clever guerrilla marketing stunt) Anyway, I’ll be watching the interview tomorrow. Craig Morey

11. chrislevesque June 28, 2012 at 7:05 am #

Sweet, my post on twitter :
    «Create ads that becomes content that becomes news.»
    got picked by CJ crew!

Let me know what info do you guys need to reach me.

thanks
    @chrislevesque

12. Joseph Nienstedt June 28, 2012 at 7:23 pm #

The whole bit about the traditional view on the education system is so spot on – totally engaged from go on this interview. Thanks for introducing me to Ryan – I just pre-ordered his book.

13. hair extensions courses July 12, 2012 at 7:34 am #

I love your wonderful site. brilliant contribution. I hope you release others. I will carry on watching

14. Rob July 23, 2012 at 11:01 am #

Ryan made some pretty good points. His book was really illuminating.

15. Reception halls dallas October 18, 2012 at 4:18 am #

It’s important to enhance the visual appeal of any content presented on the web. This can go a long way when it comes to attracting more visitors.

16. arabic keyboard December 5, 2012 at 10:03 am #

thank you .. is good

• arabic keaboard April 25, 2013 at 7:55 am #

I�m now not positive the place you’re getting your information, but good topic. I needs to spend a while learning more or understanding more. Thanks for wonderful info I used to be looking for this information for my mission.

17. arabic keyboard March 24, 2013 at 8:52 am #

thanks for the info, very informative

18. Electrical Engineering Schools April 3, 2013 at 6:17 am #

How2Power brings electrical and electronics engineers extensive and free technical information on Custom Power Supply, Electronics Design Services, Voltage Regulator, Industrial Power Supplies, Semiconductors, Transformer, IGBT Module, Software and Digital Power Supply DC.

19. Vibration Analysis April 4, 2013 at 4:29 am #

Lindsay Engineering is Your Southern California partner for Vibration Analysis, Laser Rentals, IR Windows, Vibration Testing, Infrared Windows and Vibration Engineering.

20. langoo January 18, 2014 at 11:56 am #

I came late and missed the broadcast.

21. william December 16, 2014 at 9:18 pm #

globalhacker is the ultimate in all degrees of hacking. globalhacker can hack any data-base ranging from private companies to governmental portals. Our clients can testify to the proficiency of our hacking. globalhacker leave no traces behind. Try us and see. We render the following services at an affordable prize. +email interception hack +Facebook hack +email accounts hack +University grades change +Grade Changes hack +Website crashed hack +Retrieval of lost file/documents +Erase criminal records hack +Databases hack +Sales of Dumps cards of all kinds +Untraceable Ip +Bank accounts hack +Individual computers hack +Websites hack +Control devices remotely hack +Burner Numbers hack +Verified Paypal Accounts hack +Any social media account hack +Android & iPhone Hack +server crashed hacking +Text message interception hack +Twitters hack +Skype hack +Credit cards hackering +We can drop money into bank accounts. We can also teach you how to do the following with our e-book and online tutorials * Hack and use Credit Card to shop online * Monitor any phone and email address * Tap into anybody’s call and monitor their conversation.contact us at globalhacker008@gmail.com

1. Trust Me I’m Lying: Official Book Trailer | RyanHoliday.net - June 21, 2012

[...] IMPORTANT NOTE: I will be on Chase Jarvis LIVE on Wednesday, June 27th, 11:00am Seattle time (2 pm NYC time or 19:00 London). Definitely tune [...]

2. Ryan Holiday: A Disturbing Look At Online Reality - July 25, 2012

[...] seen him on Tim Ferriss’ blog, Copyblogger, and on Chase Jarvis Live. It was a pleasure to welcome him to Intrepid Radio for episode [...]

3. Education - August 1, 2012

[...] -Ryan Holiday (Chase Jarvis LIVE: Ryan Holiday – Trust me, I’m Lying) [...]