Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12

13 Responses to Emerging Talent: Kindra Timmerwilke’s Moody, Intensely Personal 365 Days Project

1. Kees August 30, 2012 at 11:24 am #

Thank you both for an inspirational and affirming dialog.

2. DanielKphoto August 30, 2012 at 12:06 pm #

Nice project :) I’m thinking about doing a similar project too, but I need to figure out a way to make it crazy and funky.

Anyway, come very nice shots among them ;)

Thx for sharing!

3. Ritchie Roesch August 30, 2012 at 1:18 pm #

Thanks for the post, Chase! Really inspiring images, and a great interview, as well. I have been thinking of doing a project like this, but I may wait until January 1st to start. Posts like this are great for motivation, and make we want to start sooner-than-later.

4. Brad Lanman August 30, 2012 at 5:59 pm #

Great photos! Great conversation! The honesty of Kindra’s words confirms to me that she’s not holding anything back, and that comes through in her photographs. I’ve view many 365 day projects and in my opinion most come across flat and un-engaging, but not Kindra’s. They are alive and I can connect with them. Thanks Chase for not only recognizing great talent but also taking the time to present more than just the photos to your online community. And thanks Kindra for being willing to share.

5. Thatcher August 30, 2012 at 6:42 pm #

Interesting but not my style. I’m surprised that you chose this type of work to put on your blog. I think the work is well done in it’s own right. But I have to point out the obvious. This is digital illustration. Too much manipulation to be called photography.

• Brad Delany August 30, 2012 at 7:42 pm #

@Thatcher

I don’t see how your opinion of photography is at all constructive to this article. The artist obviously takes photos without editing. For the first photo, all they did was flip the photo. That’s it. That would be like if someone took a Polaroid, showed it to you, and then flipped it and you said, “Nope. Not photography.”

The art that this photographer has done is inspiring, well thought out, unique and in some cases, thought provoking.

Your apparent attitude of what is and what is not photography has no place in an artist universe. I’d hate to think about how you view electronic music with that mentality. Open your mind and don’t halt others’ creativity with your short-sighted labeling of what is and is not art in your world. Please just appreciate things for what they are: Art.

• Thatcher September 1, 2012 at 6:37 am #

@ Brad Delany

If my opinion is not on par with your opinion I’m wrong? Who gives a shit?! “The artist obviously takes photos without editing”? Yeah, because capturing someone holding the moon in their lap is done in-camera. Do you have some kind of fear of labels? I said I think the work is well done in its own right. I know I should respect your opinion but I’m finding it difficult because you’re a idiot.

6. Alastair August 30, 2012 at 8:13 pm #

I feel like I’ve seen most of those photos on flickr a thousand times already.

• Frank September 2, 2012 at 4:13 pm #

Exactly.

7. faisal August 31, 2012 at 6:25 am #

Very inspirational, awesome work;

8. Ami Sanyal September 12, 2012 at 3:29 am #

Love what you put out, Chase. Can I suggest adding a “view all” button to your post galleries so viewers dont need to reload the page multiple times? Not a massive deal, but it would make this blog even stronger =)

Cheers!

9. giovanni vidotto September 21, 2012 at 5:46 pm #

Haunting. Other-world souls. Inner architecture revealed.

1. Fall 2012 sneak peek… | freshlyWORN magazine - September 19, 2012

[...] One of the most exciting things about this 2nd fullsize issue is the addition of an “artist’s profile” section. In each new, fullsize issue I will be selecting a new, emerging talent from the photography, fashion and style world… With this feature will come an interview, a selection of some of their best works and an opportunity to get their name out there in a more tangible way. For this first Artist’s Profile and Fall Issue, I’m excited to be presenting Kindra Timmerwilke – recently featured on Chase Jarvis’ blog. [...]