Emerging Talent: Thomas Czarnecki’s Dead Disney Princesses — A Morbid Twist on Childhood Classics

Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

Lorelei says:

Reminds me on the “street lit” debate.

wholesale cheap Clippers jerseys china With Paypal

Hi there just wanted to give you a quick heads up.
The words in your post seem to be running off the screen in Ie.
I’m not sure if this is a formatting issue or something to do with web browser compatibility but I thought I’d post to
let you know. The design look great though! Hope you get the
issue resolved soon. Thanks

DanielKphoto says:

Beautiful serie of photos and a nice idea. Good work

stephanie says:

i really like the idea but he could have put more detail into some of the shots. there were a couple that i was unsure of.

KB says:

Czarnecki’s images may be technically proficient however his subject matter and composition serves to shock without providing commentary. His statement comes off as egotistical without illuminating why the princesses have been brutalized. Is there something about ourselves or our society that the viewer is suppose to gleen? I come away feeling sicken that staged images of sexually violated and murdered females is a new twist on the objectification of women. Enough. Don’t leave your viewers at the scene of the crime, helplessly looking at the corpses of fairytale heroines. Violence against women isn’t make believe.

Bethani J. says:

“Violence against women isn’t make believe” I agree completely.
I could have bought into the idea of bringing these children’s heroes to a despicable end if it was to educate or draw attention to a problem that most girls are kept “blissfully” unaware of, but from his statement I just feel like he is using these images to assert some kind of creative elitism and being shocking for the sake of it. Not a worth while project in my mind.

Anonymous says:

Many of the classic fairy tales did not have happy endings

Alan says:

Many of the classic laws did not recognize certain races as more than 3/5ths of a person, That still doesn’t make it okay, moral, or a good option to go.

Megan says:

laws and stories are completely different, so you’re argument is weak.

Megan says:

shoot. your*********

don says:

I personally don’t care much for the “dead girl” type photos either.

However, I do appreciate the artistry that causes people to have such strong emotions praising or condemning the photos. In that regard, the photographer has succeeded in creating art.

M.Peralta says:

This isn’t art. This is someone’s fantasy. For the people who have approved of this they have probably forgotten that these are childrens fairy tales. It’s about a little girl or boy seeing one of these cartoons and placing themeselves there by either being the valiant prince or the princess who lives in a giant castle. It always takes a demented and sick mind to damage that what is innocent. Hey Lindsey Huss. Regarding your comment “I feel like these photos bring back the darkness that’s already in these stories that most people do not see because of how Disney portrays them. “. You’re such an idiot. Darkness in the stories? Only those that are dark will see darkness in a cartoon like the little mermaid. You’re sick too… and closed minded. It’s bad enough that our children are being kindapped by monsters, real monsters to do unimaginable things, and now this. Sorry, You don’t impress me one bit.

Alan says:

“You’re sick too… and closed minded. It’s bad enough that our children are being kindapped by monsters, real monsters to do unimaginable things, and now this. Sorry, You don’t impress me one bit.”

+1.

Nick Roberts says:

Reminisent of Les Krim’s “stack of wheat cakes murders”…..

Cassie says:

I like it, the dark and the depth, the storm in the background, beautiful and morbid at the same time.

Lindsey Huss says:

I love it! Something most people don’t realize is that these classic tales have been “cleaned up” in a sense for children. I feel like these photos bring back the darkness that’s already in these stories that most people do not see because of how Disney portrays them. I also really enjoy dark twists on things, especially in artwork. Great work!

Landry Major says:

I am really tired of seeing dead women, or violence against women in fashion photography. Great lighting or not, it’s
anti women. Being disturbing is a cheap way of getting attention. Do not like it at all…..

faisal says:

I totally agree. this needs to be reduced.

Dave says:

Agreed.

Cynthia Wood says:

I wholeheartedly agree.

I am so NOT a fan of “dead girl photography” (which is, unfortunately, very prevalent — particularly in the fashion world).

It’s unsettling to me (to put it mildly) –even after years of seeing it in advertisements and fashion spreads– that images of women who are face down and/or appear to have been raped and/or murdered are seen as anything short of disturbing. This kind of imagery is harmful to both women and men, as it would seem to encourage, or at least condone, violence against women. There is nothing ‘glamorous’ about rape, murder or even death.

Alan says:

Agreed. God. What the fluck is wrong with people these days.

Alan says:

“Being disturbing is a cheap way of getting attention”

“Do not like it at all…..”

“Great lighting or not, it’s (pretty much just thinly disguised) anti women (sentiment)”

Amy says:

I dig it.

These fairy tales aren’t all that innocent anyway once you go beyond the surface into their subversive meanings. In fact, that would make an interesting shoot: Snow White at a party with a face full of cocaine, Alice tripping on mushrooms, etc. Perhaps I’ll put it on my to-do list.

If you WERE to take these stories at face value – ie. innocent fairy tales – they aren’t great lessons to be teaching kids. The Little Mermaid, Cinderella, Sleeping Beauty, Snow White, and Beauty and the Beast are all about Prince Charming coming to save the day. No room for independent ladies there.

At any rate, they’re very well executed. I like the nod to Se7en with the air fresheners in the Sleeping Beauty scene.

Morbid is right. It’s good work, can’t deny that.

Saboodemoyen says:

you know i might be being old fashioned but i really dislike this, he says in his interview thingy that there are two worlds – innocent and naive and the hard, truthful world, i think that those should stay separate, maybe i’m just being stupid but i just find these upsetting