Sailing the Cape of Storms – South African Photo Shoot Kicks Off [On Location]

We’re down in Cape Town, South Africa on a photo shoot with my great friend, world renowned explorer Mike Horn on the second installment of our four-part global expedition in collaboration with Polyform. You might recall we were down in Brazil with Mike not too long ago. It took our crew almost two full days to fly from Seattle to Cape Town, South Africa. This is my first trip to Cape Town and let me tell you – it’s worth the trip. From the geography to the food, this place has been blowing our minds from the moment we arrived.

Stay tuned as there is much more to come from the sea, air and land as we shoot, sail, fly (and eat) our way through the Cape of Storms.

Personally, if all site owners and bloggers made good content material as you probably did, the net might be much more helpful than ever before.|

merveilleuse article, merci beaucoup.

Man this is so informative, I love reading about nutrition. Loved the tip riley just made. Its so difficult to find the right product for me. God knows I’ve tried! I’ve been looking now for 3 weeks! LOL Just want to let you all know I will make my goal one way or another. I promise you that! Wish me luck! :)

Thanks for other useful site. The site otherwise could I become that type of information written in such a ideal process? I have a project that I am basically now functioning on, and that i are in the hunt for such facts.

Karine says:

Hi there to egery one, it’s truuly a good forr mme to ppay a
viisit thjs web page,it incxludes valuable Information.

zxtofficial says:

????, ??? ????? ?? ? ??????? ???? ???????? ????????? ? ??? ????? ??????????)))

Gabriele says:

If you are oing for finest contsnts like myself,
just pay a quick viusit this webb pawge alll the tije ecause it prresents ffeature contents, thanks

I actually wanted to write a small message in order to say thanks to you for some of the precious concepts you are writing at this website. My time intensive internet search has at the end been honored with pleasant ideas to share with my great friends. I d say that we readers are unequivocally fortunate to exist in a magnificent network with so many marvellous people with useful strategies. I feel really fortunate to have used your website page and look forward to so many more enjoyable times reading here. Thanks once more for a lot of things.

In Mutton says:

Great read, I love reading about nutrition. Loved the tip haley just made. Its so difficult to find the right product for me. God knows I’ve tried! I’ve been looking now for 3 weeks! LOL Just want to let you all know I will make my goal one way or another. I promise you that! Wish me luck! :)

I am truly pleased to read this web site
posts which contains plenty of valuable facts, thanks for
providing these kinds of information.

foremost consulting the number one in recruitment

Beging with the entire wales nicely before just about any planking. Our own wales can easily compilation of calculated forums those thickness analysts could be the related to some with the shell planking along with far more significant damage so that they project soon after dark planking. planking

Darci Stuber says:

Great read!, I love reading about health. Loved the tip rainey just made. Its so difficult to find the right product for me. I’ve been looking now for 3 weeks! LOL Just want to let you all know I will make my goal one way or another. I promise you that! Wish me luck! :)

like it says:

Comprehend what sort of gemstones prior to a jewelry pay for.You will discover a few different forms of ,tiffany & co jewellery outlet,boulders: counterfeited, fake in addition to pretend. tiffany jewellery are authentic gems, although replica is throwaway colored to be for example the real thing. Healthy gallstones can be found metro and artificial treasures are usually increased within a laboratory.Create a particularly close look in the part you want, then simply place it at the side of different types you’re interested in. Be cautious about tricks which numerous manufacturers uses carryout a gemstone appearance better.

I want to know which CMS you are using for your blog. I really love the lay out.

Cliff Freet says:

September 9th, 2008 at 9:21 pm

Hello, just wanted to mention, I loved this blog post. It was funny. Keep on posting!

yotuki says:

Nice post. I study something on completely different blogs everyday. It will at all times be stimula

Lakesha says:

Superb blog! Do you have any tips and hints for aspiring writers?
I’m hoping to start my own blog soon but I’m a little lost on everything.
Would you suggest starting with a free platform like WordPress or go for a paid option?
There are so many options out there that I’m totally overwhelmed .. Any recommendations? Many thanks!

Nick Muzik says:

Would love to catch up for a beer if you have time, keep us posted.

Ryan Millard says:

AWESOME! It’s great to have you here! I really hope you and your team get a change to go get lost and explore. Hope you guys all have a lekker time here. ( Lekker, Afrikaans work meaning nice, but not just any nice, it’s like really really nice)

faisal says:

All the best with the new shoot.

You always got some fresh work, keep it up bro!!!

Hendrik says:

Welcome to THE mother city Chase. Her food, wine and geography is only matched by her friendly people, no place on earth has so many things to do in such a short travel from the City center. Weekend has been some harsh weather. Enjoy the short stay.

Ralph Higgo says:

yes, great place I call home. Hit me up if you go visit the penguins, I am based in Simonstown. Sure you loved our storm this weekend.

awesome images!! Looks like a fun time too :)

Titus-Armand says:

Dude, you’re still rocking that Lowepro 400AW backpack!

DanielKphoto says:

Looks beautiful already! Have fun!

Mark says:

Hey Chase, excited to see what you have going on here. Part of it is for the simple reason that, I was afraid (and kind of still am) that you forgot that a lot of people started following you because of your insightful posts about pure photography-related subjects. Workflow, ideas, why you do what you do. Lately its been more of excess fluff and aggregation of stuff from around the web.

You’re a great photographer with a great eye. You know that, obviously, but a lot of people follow photographers because of that alone. Don’t forget about us.

The only question is, are there any photos from these Pangaea shoots of the rest of the crew? I know he’s not sailing a 105 footer solo.

chase jarvis says:

Thanks mark. One of the things I’m trying to illustrate here with the blog is that photography and being a great photographer is about a lot more than photography. if you’re looking for pure photography posts, I do about 1 or 2 per week. If you’re aiming for speeds and feeds, camera tests, and lighting diagrams, there are other sites that are better than mine for that. But keep in mind, that stuff you can read in textbooks. The bigger world of photography in creativvity, IMHO, will get you much further and it’s that material that’s not done very well on the net, so it’s what I’m trying to deliver. Hope that adds value.

That “aggregation fluff” you mention has nuggets within there that i kNOW have value, that’s why I choose to post them.

Thanks for your support – hope I can continue to add value to your experience here.

Patrik Lindgren says:

Lovely city. Lots to see and lots to do. Enjoy your stay!

Alan Aubry says:

Pffff…. I was in CT few days ago, couldn’t you guys arrive few days earlier? ;)

Arne says:

Great to have you in the “mother City”. Watch out for the Cape of Storms though! Many a sailors nemesis. Are you going to be doing any public engagements while you are here? Regards Arne

chase jarvis says:

no public engagement, but I might to a meet up – so keep your eye on my twitter handle – facebook – and google+