Travis Rice on chase jarvis live by ColeBarash.com

UPDATE: the LIVE broadcast is TODAY. Check out the post below and be sure to tune into http://www.chasejarvis.com/live — 11am SEA time (2pm NYC -19:00 London) — and enjoy the show. See you on air in a few…

You’ve heard me say it before – don’t sink all your effort into being incrementally better. Instead be DIFFERENT. Be BOLD.

This upcoming episode of chasejarvisLIVE is focused specifically on this simple idea. And my special guests for this episode epitomize this ‘different’ and ‘bold’ mantra as well as anyone I know. Like all of my guests, these guys aren’t ensconced in the “this is how it is” photo industry – they’re innovators from a parallel universe…. (and they are giving away some insanely cool stuff to promote the show – scroll to the bottom).

Yes, Travis Rice is the best snowboarder in the world. But what makes him the subject of this #cjLIVE is not really his skill. It’s that he is an innovator, a risk taker, a visionary the star of the most progressive action sports film ever made (The Art of Flight). He’s a bold and creative leader in his crowded and noisy industry.

Analogously, Chad Jackson hails from Brain Farm Digital Cinema. He and his partner Curt Morgan are the makers of the most innovative, high caliber and DIFFERENT action sports films in the world (eg. The Art of Flight). By using unique techniques and special cameras (like the phantom), leveraging relationships and their special vision, they have broken away from the old action sports film paradigm to set a new bar, a different bar. Tune in.

WHO: You, Me, Snowboarder Travis Rice and Brain Farm Digital Cinema EP Chad Jackson + a worldwide gathering of creative people
WHAT: Interview, discussion + a worldwide Q&A
WHEN: Wednesday, October 24th, 11:00am Seattle time (2pm NYC time or 19:00 London)
WHERE: Tune into www.chasejarvis.com/live. It’s free — anyone can watch and we’ll be taking YOUR questions via Twitter, hashtag #cjLIVE

HELP PROMOTE THE SHOW, SCORE STUFF.
1. In order to pimp the show and help bring together another ginormous worldwide audience, Travis is giving away a signed Lib Tech snowboard. YES, you read that correctly. Also, he’s giving away a signed copy of The Art of Flight photo book (it’s gorgeous). To enter to score either one of these send out a creative tweet that contains the URL (or short URL) to THIS post + hashtag #cjLIVE starting NOW and ending at the beginning of the show on Wednesday, October 24. Enter as many times (tweets) as you want — tweet and retweet — Travis and I will be watching for the most creative shoutouts.

2. Also, this is HUuuuuGE. Manfrotto will be giving away an incredible kit of gear during the episode. Bucks deluxe…

-Manfrotto 290 3-section carbon fiber tripod with quick-release 3-way photo head (I use this tripod)
-Manfrotto Midi-36 LED Light
-Manfrotto Stile Bella V Black Shoulder Bag
-Manfrotto Lino Apparel Soft Shell Jacket
-Manfrotto Lino Apparel Photo Cap

We’ll tell you how to enter – but you gotta watch LIVE to nail this one…

Contest Rules
LASTLY, JOIN US.

Lastly, if you want to be part of the live, in-studio audience, send an email to production@chasejarvis.com with “The Art of Flight” in the subject line. Winners will receive a confirmation email with attendance instructions. Bonus points for tweeting about the show and sending folks here.

Special thanks to our cjLIVE show sponsors: HP, Broncolor, Manfrotto and B&H. We genuinely love what they do, make and sell.

We would also like to welcome our long-time friends liveBooks to the show as well. I have been a Livebooks user for years and am excited to have such a great creative partner joining chasejarvisLIVE.

Please follow them on Twitter at: @hpprint, @HasselbladBron, @manfrotto_tweet, @BHPhotoVideo, @livebooks

16 Responses to Making Films, Photos & Life DIFFERENT not just BETTER with World’s Best Snowboarder Travis Rice + Brain Farm Cinema [LIVE Today]

1. Mike Folden October 17, 2012 at 12:50 pm #

Dude! I gotta be there!

• faisal October 18, 2012 at 5:33 am #

Me 2, its just so awesome.

2. A October 18, 2012 at 5:57 pm #

I HAVE A JOB BUT I MAY TWEET.
    CARRY ON.

3. Andrew October 19, 2012 at 11:16 am #

I thought Shaun White is the best! :) ) You know, being Olympic (twice) and world records’ holder.

4. Fran October 20, 2012 at 4:43 am #

I wish I could participate! I don’t know how to tweet!!!! :-(

5. Diego October 20, 2012 at 8:53 am #

Cual es nombre de la chaqueta ?? Que modelo es??

6. Chris October 22, 2012 at 9:57 am #

Nobody could ever claim to be the “worlds best snowboarder”… and nobody who knows anything about snowboarding would call somebody that. Travis might be the best freerider right now, but he would be easiely stomped by some guys 1 decade younger in street, halfpipe, big air and slopestyle. And in my personal opinion Black Winter, That’s It That’s All, They Came From and some other movies were just as good as TAOF.

7. Alex Kerney October 22, 2012 at 7:36 pm #

Looks like it’s at the one time that I won’t be able to tune in this month.

You going to ask how much of the Patagonia segment was creative storytelling, and how much was from screwing up logistics?

I was down in Puerto Williams 2010-11 working on a boat, so I know how hard it can be to get things done with the Carabineros and Armada, but unless they were incredibly limited on time they should have been able to cache fuel for the hell either with the heli or by boat and make it possible for more flight time then they did.

8. Matt October 23, 2012 at 1:53 pm #

I have the art of flight limited edition board and the photo journal to go along with the video and it’s facking sick!!!.

9. sdiotla October 24, 2012 at 5:37 am #

I have a few pilot friends & we just watched the ART of Flight again the other day and one of them said they heard one of the pilots in the movie – got fired for Travis jumping off the basket/letting him ride on it. Some great pilot’s in that film!

10. ThatGuyKC October 24, 2012 at 8:21 am #

This is awesome! Can’t wait to watch y’all live later this morning. Really appreciate the #cjLIVE series

11. Dezio October 24, 2012 at 10:03 am #

I need a board for this winter but I don’t have a money to buy it.. :/ please gime me a gift :(

12. naija Gist October 28, 2012 at 4:46 pm #

Hi there, You’ve performed a fantastic job. I will certainly digg it and in my view suggest to my friends. I’m confident they’ll be benefited from this website.

13. video lucu terbaru October 30, 2012 at 10:43 am #

Everyone loves what you guys are up too. Such clever work and coverage!
    Keep up the good works guys I’ve you guys to my own blogroll.

14. Lena Albaladejo November 26, 2012 at 7:26 am #

I located some data related to construction companies online that you might find an interest about.

15. Curtis March 14, 2013 at 12:55 pm #

Thanks for sharing your thoughts about chasejarvis.
    Regards