Uncanny Upside Down Photos — The Faces of Unemployment by Marc Vicens

1 2 3 4 5 6 Next

chasejarivs_marcvicens4
I am a big believer in aiming to be different, not necessarily better than everyone else. Marc Vicen’s recent work, a collection of portraits named, “Hanging – The Faces of Unemployment,” is a great example of coming with an angle that turns your photos and thinking, um, upside down. Here is the explanation from Marc’s website. Click through the image tabs above to get a sampling.

“The practice of a globalized economy vertigo, has resulted in a situation that has led many people to feel or be “hung”. Marc Vicens has its special way of looking at this, more and more large group and achieved a surprising result. It’s not just the personal image of “hanging”. Marc has managed to reflect the “new expression” that occurs when a person is in this desperate situation. It is like entering into the feeling of anxiety that governs the daily life of these people. Reality is inverted resulting in an image photographed naked sentiment. It is the expression of the anxiety experienced by anyone because of a destructive economy, feels or is “hung”.”

To see more of Marc Vicens work go here.

_____

Via PetaPixel

9 Responses to Uncanny Upside Down Photos — The Faces of Unemployment by Marc Vicens

1. Aputure October 11, 2012 at 1:30 am #

This is fantastic! I wasn’t sure how they were upside down at first, haha.

2. faisal October 11, 2012 at 6:03 am #

Its difficult to snap them bravely.

3. David October 14, 2012 at 5:59 pm #

It’s a clever idea but I’m not sure it actually works, mainly because without the explanation of the whole conceit and it’s relation to economics they just look like odd, unflattering portraits. The pictures don’t speak for themselves.

4. Paul Santos Photography October 20, 2012 at 4:03 am #

Very original! I’m trying to decide whether I could tell the images were shot this had I not been told.

5. Dustin Arehano November 18, 2012 at 5:05 pm #

Why would bidders want the public in with them?

6. Justin Nealon November 22, 2012 at 2:55 am #

Hi there, I found your blog by way of Google while looking for a comparable topic, your web site came up, it seems to be good. I have bookmarked it in my google bookmarks.

7. Daniel Kappelle November 29, 2012 at 10:34 am #

Really creative, and lovely shots. I like this kinda stuff :)

8. Brandon Voges August 21, 2013 at 6:55 am #

Ha! Dig these. Is very similar to a series I did in 2009 called Upside Downy Face. I did a BTS video for anyone looking for how it was done. The pics: http://brutonstroube.com/blog/?p=487 The BTS video: http://brutonstroube.com/blog/?p=485 Cheers! Brandon

1. Uncanny Upside Down Photos By Marc Vicens | Fstoppers - October 10, 2012

[...] economy, feels or is “hung”.” Check out more of Marc’s work here.via – blog.ChaseJarvis.comFunnyPicturesPortraits googletag.cmd.push(function() { googletag.display('Main_2'); }); /* [...]