ChasejarvisLIVE_LesStroud

UPDATE: The LIVE broadcast is January 30th – 11am SEA time (2pm NYC -19:00 London) – mark your calendars and flip your dial to http://www.chasejarvis.com/live.

Les Stroud combined his love of the outdoors as a professional survival instructor with a passion for film and photography and created a new genre of television with the highest ratings in the history of both OLN Canada, the Science Channel US, and among the most popular shows ever on Discovery Channel US. But more importantly he created the life he wanted to live through his own creativity. As the only producer in the history of television to produce an internationally broadcast series entirely written, filmed and hosted alone, Les is a seriously accomplished creative. And obviously, when he is alone in the wilderness, life hangs in the balance of good decision making. One wrong decision can make the difference between living and dying. The consequences are well-known to Les, who has spent a lifetime surviving everywhere from the Amazon jungles to the vast Arctic tundra. But what about the decisions he has made as a creative? What decisions did have to make to pursue his dreams and share his vision? Tune in to find out.

WHO: You, Me, and a LIVE conversation with internationally known ‘Survivorman’ Les Stroud.
WHAT: Interview, discussion + a worldwide Q&A
WHEN: Wednesday, January 30, 11:00am Seattle time (2pm NYC time or 19:00 London)
WHERE: Tune into www.chasejarvis.com/live. It’s free — anyone can watch and we’ll be taking YOUR questions via Twitter, hashtag #cjLIVE

Think YOU couldn’t do this or something like it? Think again. By following his passions, Les is the autonomous star of a show which is licensed for broadcast in over 120 countries worldwide and millions of people tune in to each episode. Join me n’ Les on the couch in my studio to discover:

_How to face and overcome your fears – in a survival situation and when it comes to your creative work
_What it’s like to negotiate with a cable network and the pitfalls to look out for
_Why you should pursue your creative vision and live the life you want
_When to outrun a 1500lb Bull Moose – and what not to do when you see one in the wild
_What it takes to survive for 10 days alone stranded in the middle of the Norwegian winter
_How to combine passions into your creative work

See you on the Wed the 30th. LIVE from my studio… In the meantime, here’s a teaser for Les’s new show:

JOIN US LIVE.
If you want to be part of the live, in-studio audience, send an email to production@chasejarvis.com with “Les Stroud” in the subject line. Winners will receive a confirmation email with attendance instructions. Bonus points for tweeting about the show and sending folks here.

HELP US PROMOTE THE SHOW AND WIN GEAR:

Pre-Show Contest:
For a chance to win: Send out a creative tweet promoting the show with #cjLIVE +@manfrotto_tweet + the short link to this page (http://bit.ly/WLMOLK) included.

_Les Stroud 10″ SK Mountain™ Ultimate Survival Knife – Carbontitride Titanium 440 Steel, Non-Stick Drop Point Blade, Survival Sheath with Survival Features

_Les Stroud Ultimate Fan Package:
-Les Stroud signature harmonica, Stranded DVD & Les Stroud cooling bandana.

And…
THIS IS HUGE – DURING THE LIVE BROADCAST WE’RE GIVING AWAY GOPRO HERO3 BLACK EDITION
But you’ll have to tune-in to find out how.

Special thanks to our sponsors who help make this show possible – please follow them and let them know you appreciate the free content that they help us deliver. Respect.
Manfrotto: @manfrotto_tweet
liveBooks: @liveBooks
HP: @hpprint
Broncolor: @hasselbladbron

Also, our friends at liveBooks are offering special starter package deal for a photo website, exclusive for chasejarvisLIVE fans, here. Check it out.

View Official Contest Rules here.

27 Responses to Survivorman Les Stroud: Produce the Creative Work & Life You Want [Jan 30, 11am PST]

1. Nancy Jo Wilson January 23, 2013 at 11:58 am #

Love the show. You inspire me to live life fully. I enjoy every minute I am watching.

2. Dan January 23, 2013 at 12:09 pm #

This is going to be amazing!

3. Tim Roper January 23, 2013 at 1:07 pm #

Les is The Man, and I agree, it’ll be amazing to have him on Creative Live. I am really look forward to it.

During the episodes, he talks a little about how hard it is dealing with all the gear, but I hope he talks a little more in depth about how he protects it all, etc, on CL. And how he reviews it in the field (for example, on one episode, he knew he had an audio problem, but it was clear how he knew). But I’ll have my Twitter finger ready, too!

4. Blake Murphy January 23, 2013 at 2:27 pm #

Awesome! I am really look forward to it.

5. faisal January 24, 2013 at 10:15 am #

Can’t wait, this will be interesting.

6. Rob January 25, 2013 at 7:27 am #

Wow, this is one that I will not be missing.

7. Brian January 29, 2013 at 10:45 am #

Will we be able to hear it again? I’m going to be busy at that time. :(

8. Eileen O'Sullivan January 29, 2013 at 2:50 pm #

I really enjoy this show. It’s amazing how when one can persevere. Such challenge. I really think you have to have a great passion for this. I myself got to experienced quite a similar 5 day. Trip in the Ottawa Vally from everything from Zip lining, canoeing 9 hour potash and white water rafting. But nothing like Less Stroud. Honestly to push myself that week in June . I was thinking of him and visualizing. His inspirational creative show and the exception. Thx.

9. Zach January 30, 2013 at 1:15 pm #

This show was amazing, i learned so much from Les and I can’t wait to see more of his work in the future, Unfortunatlly the show cut off at the end so if you know what the surprise was and who won the GoPro could you please let me know.

Thanks!

10. B February 21, 2013 at 1:10 pm #

Really go to admire this guy Les Stroud.

11. Brigham pipes January 26, 2014 at 9:42 am #

Hello you it´s just i so worship your blog, i wuold feel honored if you would like to me blog a bloomy review about your website on my would you grant me permission to?

12. youtube.com February 19, 2014 at 9:30 pm #

I am sure this paragraph has touched all the internet users,
    its really really pleasant paragraph on building up new webpage.

13. bodybuilding February 21, 2014 at 3:59 pm #

Hi there cos i absolutely love your special blog, I wuold feel honored if you would like to me post a site review about your awesome wordpress blog in my little would you grant me permission to?

14. steroids February 26, 2014 at 2:29 pm #

In order to properly reword comments, you need to be creative and even more creative. Convince the person that even though the article is overly bland, it’s still something they should have it visible on their blog.

15. fixed rate home loans April 3, 2014 at 8:58 pm #

Undeniably believe that which you said. Your favorite reason seemed to be on the web the easiest thing to be aware of. I say to you, I certainly get annoyed while people consider worries that they plainly do not know about. You managed to hit the nail upon the top and also defined out the whole thing without having side-effects , people could take a signal. Will probably be back to get more. Thanks

16. Rhoda May 1, 2014 at 1:39 am #

Good day! I know this is kinda off topic nevertheless I’d figured I’d ask.

Would you be interested in exchanging links or maybe guest
    authoring a blog post or vice-versa? My website goes
    over a lot of the same topics as yours and I think we could greatly benefit from each other.
    If you’re interested feel free to send me an email.

I look forward to hearing from you! Excellent blog by the way!

17. muscle maximizer pdf May 22, 2014 at 12:27 pm #

I pay a quick visit day-to-day a few blogs and sites to read posts, except this
    weblog provides quality based posts.

18. recetas de galletas May 24, 2014 at 4:25 pm #

Aw, este fue un mensaje muy bonito. En la idea que deseo poner por escrito como éste por otra parte – de tomar el tiempo y el esfuerzo real para hacer un artículo muy bueno … pero lo que puedo decir … me dilatar mucho y ciertamente no aparezco para conseguir que se haga algo.

19. Shaunta Found May 26, 2014 at 6:55 pm #

Seems such as a Great working day towards migrate toward that refreshing server oneself have been chatting with regards to!

20. online Buddhist psychotherapy June 13, 2014 at 6:10 pm #

Remember, even your spiritual guide started with a spiritual guide of
    their own at some point. Om ah hum hoh are
    the first four syllables in this mantra, and they are
    the vajra syllables of the body, speech, mind, and wisdom, in that order.
    Every Shamballa bracelet is unique in its style and color, just as you are unique in the same manner.

21. Dalene June 18, 2014 at 6:28 am #

NBC did not give an explanation for the cancellation. in 2010)
    won four prizes at the 2014 World Music Awards, which
    took place on May 27 at the Monte Carlo Sporting Club in Monte Carlo, Monaco.
    You can also find out more about Khaled by visiting his website (khaleddajani.

22. indianapolis auto wreck lawyer June 21, 2014 at 9:23 am #

You just need to get the confirmation that the lawyer is updated
    with the latest changes or not. s car insurance company will,
    most likely, deny that their client is at fault
    and offer settlements that aren. Finding a lawyer that specializes in auto
    accident law will prove vital at this point.

23. craigslist June 21, 2014 at 6:48 pm #

It worked for a short amount of time, only to see it fail when spammers and scammers began to
    purchase pre-paid cell phones to bypass the unique phone
    number requirement. There is a section on Craigslist specifically for services offered.
    Tap in to the power of the internet as a tool to explode your home based business.

24. youtube.com July 10, 2014 at 6:49 am #

I do believe all the ideas you’ve offered on your post. They are
    very convincing and will definitely work. Still, the posts are too quick for newbies.

May just you please extend them a bit from subsequent time?
    Thank you for the post.

25. www.youtube.Com July 15, 2014 at 3:32 pm #

Fantastic items from you, man. I’ve be aware your stuff
    prior to and you are simply extremely magnificent. I really like what you’ve obtained right here,
    really like what you’re saying and the way through which you assert it.
    You make it enjoyable and you continue to care for to keep it smart.

I can not wait to learn much more from you. This is actually a wonderful web site.

26. http://youtube.com/watch?v=_1osTxnEYIY July 28, 2014 at 3:46 am #

The person you can help you in acting swiftly is a Personal Injury Attorney.
    Even if a state in an ‘at will’ state, where both employer
    and employee can terminate the employment relationship for any reason, this doesn’t
    always apply to workers comp cases’but there is a fine line.

Property damage also comes under personal injury cases and an attorney will survey the damage before reaching a satisfactory conclusion.

1. Les Stroud » Les Stroud on Chase Jarvis Live - January 24, 2013

[...] Learn more at: http://blog.chasejarvis.com/blog/2013/01/survivorman-les-stroud-produce-the-creative-work-life-you-w… [...]