Follow Me: A Mysterious Beauty Leads You Around the World with Photographs

MuradOsmann_handholding
Murad Osmann has put a really solid spin on the traditional “vacation album”. Already picked up by HuffPo, Business insider, and the Daily Mail UK, I nearly didn’t feature the work (not to mention the HDR tendency…), but I kept coming back to it for 3 reasons:

1. The concept is good.
2. The concept is simple.
3. We can all take note and learn something about executing good, simple concepts to create a body of work that gets noticed.

Murad explains how the first picture happened mostly by accident while on vacation in Barcelona with his girlfriend Natalia Zakharova. Osmann told the Post, “Nataly was a bit annoyed that I was always taking pictures of everything, so she grabbed my hand and tried to pull me forward,” he explained “that said, it didn’t stop me from doing photos while she was pulling me. So that’s how it all started.” Despite the “leading you by the hand” motif not being a ground-breaking, it’s just simply effective.
MuradOsmann_handholding
As far as equipment, Osmann has a simple approach, telling The Post, “Equipment doesn’t matter. All that matters is the idea. Equipment is just helping you to achieve it.” Osmann went on to say that the photos were initially taken using an iPhone and the camera+ app, but that he now uses whatever equipment he has on hand. With his album going viral, and pulling in fifty-five thousand followers, it’s pretty obvious that regardless of what equipment he’s using, something is working here.

See more of Murad Osmann’s work here http://muradosmann.com/

25 Responses to Follow Me: A Mysterious Beauty Leads You Around the World with Photographs

1. cameron brown March 20, 2013 at 9:41 am #

Need to go traveling again

2. Gnana Deep March 20, 2013 at 10:03 am #

sir,
    i am a great fan of you.i saw your photographs.they are very good and fantastic,i like your photographs very much
    thanking you.

3. wilfried feder March 20, 2013 at 11:12 am #

soo creative!!

4. Cindy Coy March 20, 2013 at 11:16 am #

A good friend of mine traveled the world for a good part of 2012 and did something similar except there’s no hot model and his pointing hand obscures whatever object of note is. Where yours are stunning and poignant his is more just hysterical. Both concepts are great, though. It’s called “Hey, look!” http://heylooks.tumblr.com/

• GREG TENNYSON March 23, 2013 at 10:27 am #

That blog got me laughing, tell your friend good job!

5. chex March 20, 2013 at 11:30 am #

shame she looks like cousin It in the London photo

6. João Almeida March 20, 2013 at 12:47 pm #

Indeed is a great and simple concept, but i wonder how would it be if the girl was “less pretty” than her

7. Tim Roper March 20, 2013 at 1:29 pm #

I think I like the traveling gnomes better than this traveling arm, which starts to look creepy after a few photos.

8. John Urban March 20, 2013 at 1:30 pm #

“A Mysterious Beauty Leads You Around the World with Photographs”

Shouldn’t the title be: “A woman with an amazing sexy backside leads you around the world with photographs?”

9. Nicolae Cioloca March 20, 2013 at 2:38 pm #

The hotter the girl the more eyes will look at her pic.
    That`s marketing basics.

Even though you are supposed to create art, you gotta have an eye on “how to sell it.”

Or he just got a hot girfriend, don`t hate him for that.

Nico

10. Swade March 20, 2013 at 6:53 pm #

And gobs of money to travel all over the world.

• VictorTrasvina March 23, 2013 at 8:49 am #

Not necessarily most of the locations are photoshop and Instagram filters and HDR look on the pictures disguises the different light patterns … Still very very creative and clever plus a great deal of photoshop skills and patience.

• MoJi July 26, 2013 at 9:43 am #

it’s REAL photo..not a photoshop travel photo..Natalia is a fulltime model & both of them travel most of their time..

11. EddieBaba March 21, 2013 at 2:08 am #

This is simply BRILLIANT!!! In addition to Chase’s good and simple take on this “Mysterious Beauty,” it’s also: erotic, voyeuristic, escaping, intriguing, romantic, whimsical, submissive, evasive, ambiguous, empowering, and very fun!  With more subtle control or direction by the photographer, it could even better than it is. It also has a European POV. BRAVO!!!

12. faisal March 21, 2013 at 5:18 am #

What an interesting way to put it. Full marks for the creativity.

13. Alan March 21, 2013 at 2:34 pm #

Why didn’t I think of that?

14. Tyson March 21, 2013 at 4:54 pm #

Dat ass

15. Brian Smith March 22, 2013 at 8:16 pm #

Every great photographer needs to follow their muse.

16. Suarez March 23, 2013 at 9:06 am #

Hi There i need To Do Some ..

17. Mitch Russo March 25, 2013 at 5:08 am #

I didn’t start traveling until I was 30 years old. I took a Fuji 645 folding camera and a Plaubel Makina with me. I used mostly expired film and a crappy tripod and still returned with some of the more beautiful photos in my portfolio. That first trip was Italy and I continue to go back every chance I get.

18. Michael Poganiatz March 28, 2013 at 6:06 am #

That is really good advice and an important thing we easily forget… Thank you for reminding me of that!

19. Paul April 7, 2013 at 3:21 am #

Read an article on Murads photos a little while ago and loved the concept – really simple and fun. Good viewing.

20. Jenny April 18, 2013 at 3:39 pm #

Wow, this is amazing, is she your gorlfriend?

Maya
    jewelleryretouching

21. muscle man woo May 6, 2013 at 10:53 pm #

I’m pretty pleased to find this great site. If you don’t mind May I also share a suggestion. Fidning a sexy muscles Lawyer could well be dificult, in the event you reside in Sourthern California and you need a Personal sexy muscles love firm, click on my link.

1. Weekending | Manifeisty Photography - March 22, 2013

[...] And now for something that made me smile. I’d seen this before but Chase Jarvis featured this photography project by Murad Osmann where his girlfriend leads him around the world by the [...]