The Only Subject You’ll Ever Need. Ever

Marcin Sobas has a body of work that speaks to a photography maxim: Nature is still the best subject. The endless cycle of birth, growth, death and rebirth; the arc of the sun and the moon in a 24 hour period; the play of clouds and fog as both filter and subject — your window could look out at a tree on a hill and you could find a million different ways to capture it in a photograph over the course of a year.

A hobbyist, Sobas benefits from his sense of timing and his appreciation for Nature as Subject. His misty hillsides and above-the-cloud compositions are quintessential landscape shots: just the right light, just the right fog, just the right angle.

I popped a few questions the artist’s way to learn a little more about his approach.

Why the fog and the green as subjects?

MS: I have always been fascinated by fog. Mists are mysterious and you never know what will emerge from them. On green fields, the light is discovering their form at a right angle. Some places then look magical.

Do you do commercial work? If not, do you want to?

MS: At the moment, I treat it as my hobby. I really respect commercial work and I’m open to any suggestions and any cooperation.

What is your process?

MS: It all depends on the air and weather conditions. The foundation is good light and then the process is easy.

Can you dive into the kind of gear do you use?

MS: My main equipment is Telelens and sometimes a wide lens. I’m working on a Canon.

What’s your favorite location you’ve shot at thus far?

MS: From the places that I have visited, my favorite is Tuscany in Italy. But for the moment I have not visited too many places.

Anything else you’d like to add?

MS: The whole world is beautiful and amazing. I would love to visit both America and my dream is New Zealand.

Check out more of Marcin’s work here.

ChaseJarvis_MarcinSobas_AmyRollo-3

ChaseJarvis_MarcinSobas_AmyRollo-3

ChaseJarvis_MarcinSobas_AmyRollo-3

ChaseJarvis_MarcinSobas_AmyRollo-3

21 Responses to The Only Subject You’ll Ever Need. Ever

1. Ramesh Newell April 5, 2013 at 10:27 am #

what are the setting being used to take these shots? and what is the mental process going into creating this amazing images

2. Khuzul April 5, 2013 at 11:33 am #

I guess he loves photoshop almost as much as nature itself…

• Chad April 5, 2013 at 2:12 pm #

The photoshop quips are getting old. Who cares. They are amazing images.

• Harry April 5, 2013 at 6:16 pm #

Well said….

• Paul April 6, 2013 at 8:46 am #

I guess you never processed a film ever, you just left them unprocessed, never to be seen.

3. faisal April 6, 2013 at 7:14 am #

Chase I think you cover everything but nothing on photo and video editing.

4. Jens April 6, 2013 at 11:17 pm #

Beautiful pictures

5. Barry Kidd April 7, 2013 at 12:39 am #

Hi there Amy:

First off thank you for posting these shots. I did take a few moments and swing by Marcin’s website and —- well I want to be that dude when I grow up. No doubt about it. Thre was shot called “Road to the Work” in the gallery called “other” that was simply off the chart.

Like many people that have a love for photography I’ve found that if I just do my own thing and not try and copy or emulate others I get the best results. Even so I would love to be able to shoot like Marcin. Sadly I’d have no idea where to even start! Well besides the alarm clock that Roman mentioned above. I guess that’s as decent starting point as any.

Thank you once again for sharing with us and have a happy day,

Barry

6. Paul April 7, 2013 at 3:19 am #

What a stunning sequence of images. Every one so different in its own right – and every scene could of been shot so differently. So enjoyed just staring at each one. Great post Amy – I’m off to have a look at his website now : )

7. London professional photographer April 7, 2013 at 4:22 am #

I really like the profound concept behind his photography. He photograph processes and live circle and the main object of his photography are the elements. Just Amazing!!!

8. Alan April 7, 2013 at 3:19 pm #

Great subject, great post, great images.

9. Chris April 8, 2013 at 7:23 am #

The only thing I don’t like about these amazing shots is how inadequate it makes me feel :)

10. vineyard April 14, 2013 at 7:39 pm #

This family oriented Temecula winery web site for grapes planting must take extra care.

At the same quantity as five ounces of red wine. In a nutshell, a competitive advantage is gained by having what
    competitors dont have and doing for enjoyment while touring in Provence-Alpes-Cte d’Azur.

11. Tracey Hosey April 16, 2013 at 1:59 pm #

Wow I feel totally speechless, what stunning photos. That first image has blown my mind a little! I feel in awe and very inspired by Marcin Soba’s work!

12. Ken Tan April 18, 2013 at 2:16 pm #

Beautiful and stunning images!

13. Daniel Kappelle December 17, 2013 at 12:03 pm #

Oh snap, gotta say I jaw-dropped on virtually all of these shots.. Really inspiring! Thanks for sharing :)

1. Nelson goes after 'little cigars,' backs cigarette tax hike | Dominican Cigars - April 15, 2013

[...] Burke ' s Primehouse), Giuseppe Tentori(GT Fish & Oyster)and CleetusSee all tales on this subject 14 Stocks to Watch if Cannabis Becomes LegalWith Altria ' s 2007 addition of noted stogie [...]