Quick share here….. a short while back I took my very first trip to Belize for what turned into a really, really (2 reallys – or now that’s three) high value, pain-free shoot. I’ve been so very lucky to have shot in some of the most spectacular places in the world — and just added Belize to that list.

We banged out a fun BTS vid to share some of the splendor, but also to give you a peek into some additional forthcoming BTS/helpful vids we’ll spin out that will add value to your future visits here, including aerial, underwater, and gear-packing / travel hacks. And if you’re thinking “Belize is so damn far away”…it’s not really. For USA’ers it’s closer than you think – only 5 hours SEA to Belize city (same as NYC), so every other desitnation in the USA, save AK + HI are even closer, and it transports you to a whole new world of blue green water, endless tiny white sand islands, and some of the most famous dive destinations on the planet. Our plane tix were pretty reasonable and lodging even moreso.

Enjoy the vid. If you missed earlier BTS snapshots from the trip and want to circle back there’s some here. And for those who are curious about how best to pull off the logistics of a trip/job like this, here’s a 4-part series on how to travel for photo + video shoots like a boss….

Part 1 – 10 Mission Critical Tips for Booking Photo and Video Travel – getting there
Part 2 – 12 Mission Critical Tips for Pre-Production – tips BEFORE traveling
Part 3 – 12 Tips for Travel Packing – tips on what to take
Part 4 – 8 Mission Critical Tips for Being on the Road

More soon – be creative until then. Happy to answer questions if you got ‘em.

21 Responses to chasejarvisRAW: Sea to Sky Photo Shoot in Belize [Plus How to Pull This Off Like a Pro]

1. Paul Richardson July 10, 2013 at 12:37 pm #

Ahh looks so beautiful out there! I winced a little when I saw you in the water with no housing though.. one misplaced foot…

• Chase July 11, 2013 at 7:14 pm #

worth the risk to be able to operate without a cumbersome housing sometimes! i know i need be careful in those situations…

2. Charlie Bulla July 10, 2013 at 2:00 pm #

Chase. Chase. Chase. You’re such an inspiration. Thanks for everything you’re doing for the creative industry. You ROCK!!!

3. Ben McDarmont July 14, 2013 at 5:31 pm #

Nice vid Chase, thanks for keeping photography exciting mate!

4. Tory July 15, 2013 at 7:04 am #

Where can I purchase the song from?

• Chase July 16, 2013 at 12:57 pm #

@ tory – my suggestion is to track down my man @bigchocolate on twitter or facebook. he is the mad beat maker and can hit you with the info you need more readily than anyone else ;)

• Tory July 16, 2013 at 8:11 pm #

Thanks Chase!

5. Minneapolis Wedding Photographer July 25, 2013 at 1:49 pm #

Gorgeous country! Man, I need to get myself down to Central America again (did a shoot in Honduras for a coffee company a few years back). … Sweet GoPro setup on the snorkel! … Question is, did you jump from the chopper into the ocean? :)

6. Jim Shaw September 26, 2013 at 6:36 pm #

Wow !! I enjoyed that , Thanks. J

7. Jesus GC November 14, 2013 at 2:35 pm #

Chase, when you started talking, the beat was playing in such a way that it seemed like you were gonna start rapping heh.

8. etcourses March 7, 2014 at 7:54 pm #

I believe that is one of the such a lot significant info for me.
    And i am happy reading your article. However should observation on
    few basic things, The web site taste is great, the articles is really excellent : D.

Good process, cheers

9. analysis in forex trading March 8, 2014 at 6:06 am #

Aw, this was an extremely nice post. Taking a few minutes and actual effort to generate a top notch article… but what can I say… I hesitate a whole lot and
    never manage to get nearly anything done.

10. visual merchandising courses March 19, 2014 at 4:38 am #

Going to college in order to take IT training courses also allows
    people to obtain a degree in information technology.
    The courses that are offered online are inspected by education regulatory bodies in order to deduce their level of
    quality. They can assist you to explore your various education options and recommend
    institutions that will match your career goals.

11. You can also use the Neem Oil Treatment to spray on your
    hair. Another option is to go to a “lice treatment center” where a clinician will treat head lice.
    The parents often have no idea initially and before it
    is discovered, others have already been infected.

12. クラッチバッグ 超歓迎 April 8, 2014 at 7:24 pm #

Heya i’m for the first time here. I came across this board and I find It truly helpful & it helped me out a lot.
    I am hoping to offer something back and aid others like you helped me.

13. plaster washer April 16, 2014 at 1:28 am #

Currently, construction companies from across the world are
    benefiting from the massive growth of OPEC (Oil and Petroleum Exporting Countries)
    economies. market and in part to increases in golf course construction overseas,
    many golf course designers have increasingly looked abroad for
    opportunities to ply their trade in recent years. I waited about 20 minutes going about five miles an hour until I saw the road construction
    sign.

14. Milla May 15, 2014 at 8:46 am #

You might not realized but great old mayonnaise is excellent for killing head lice.
    So, it’s essential to constantly know where to find lice treatment.
    Do this every day for four days, stop for four days, and repeat cycle three more times.

15. rainbow bracelets May 15, 2014 at 1:19 pm #

Hmm is anyone else having problems with the images on this blog
    loading? I’m trying to determine if its a problem on my end or if it’s the blog.
    Any feedback would be greatly appreciated.

16. loosing weight helper June 12, 2014 at 10:57 pm #

It is really a short-phrase way to drop a number of lbs, that is all.
    A slowing in the development of breast cancer cells. Thankfully it did not break,
    but I imagine the band will not last a full 30 days.

17. I just couldn’t depart your website before suggesting that I actually loved
    the usual info a person supply on your guests? Is gonna be again often
    in order to check up on new posts

18. Chase July 11, 2013 at 7:12 pm #

thanks faisal – always grateful to get a high five