I Will Give You $50,000 + a VIP Trip to NYC + I’ll Be Your Mentor For Life

I’m not much known for just dipping my toe in the water. And this is no exception.

“It’s gotta be real money and real access” I said.
“How about $50,000 cash, plus a trip to NYC to receive your mentorship and spend some quality time with you.”
“Um. DEAL.”

An that’s how it went down on the phone with my friends at Shopify, the powerful e-commerce website solution that allows you to sell online by providing everything you need to create an online store. In short I will be giving one winner — one of YOU — a check for $50,000 and a promise to be a mentor for life if you start an online business using Shopify and earn more money than anyone else in the Art & Photography category. I’m not getting a cent from this. This is all about firing up our community of creatives and helping make shit happen. So join me by entering.

Even more news? Since this is a diverse readership, let’s say instead of Art & Photography you prefer Music, Electronics & Gadgets, Jewelry & Crafts, Health & Beauty, Food & Beverage, Fashion & Apparel, Sports & Recreation, or…hell…anything else! Then you’re in luck because the competition extends to you too. But if you win one of these other categories you will be assigned another mentor… How bout billionaire Mark Cuban? Or Tim Ferriss? It’s THAT good. In fact here’s the complete list of my peers with whom I’m working on this project for you to choose from:

_Lil Jon (hip hop legend)
_Tim Ferris (4 hour everything)
_Tina Eisenberg (aka swissmiss)
_Selita Ebanks (model & health star)
_Gary Vaynerchuk (wine & food guru)
_Damond John (founder of FUBU – star of shark tank)
_Mark Cuban (billionaire entrepreneur/owner of Dallas Mavericks
_Arianna Huffington (media maven)
_and yours truly

chase jarvis mentor build a business shopify

Never before in history have creativity & business come together in such an obvious, simple and radiant fashion. Like Gary V says in the above video, “This is the most practical time in the history of time to be an entrepreneur. If you even have 1% of a thought about doing it [starting a business], do it.”

YOU’RE SAYING RIGHT ABOUT NOW…

SO HOW DO I WIN? The short version is that you if you start a business with Shopify and have the most sales in your category over a particular window between NOW and MAY 2014, then you win. The longer, more detailed version of all that is here on the Shopfiy site. There is plenty of time to kick ass and sell your heart out, but the time to start is now.

AND WHAT DO I WIN AGAIN?

You win a check for $50,000 USD. Shopify will fly you to NYC to join me & the other mentors and winners (that’ll be a nice gathering), and then I will be your business mentor for life. (Or if you’re in another category, you’ll get mentorship from THAT categories mentor).

Boom.

Again, YOU have the tools and vision to win this sucker, it’s all about focusing on your passion, using your business skills, and making shit happen. I’m doing this purely out of love and a desire to see creative businesses thrive. I’d appreciate your helping me spread the word by linking, pointing, RT’ing FB’ing whatever you can to contribute to this cool contest. I’ll be doing lots of talking about this over the next several months, so get used to it. This might just be your big chance. All the details can be found here.

27 Responses to I Will Give You $50,000 + a VIP Trip to NYC + I’ll Be Your Mentor For Life

1. Davor Pavlic September 18, 2013 at 12:32 pm #

Well, let me just say thank you without even trying to win any of this.
    I am not a US resident and probably could not be eligible for something like this, even if I would love to have a chance to implement some thing I have picked up on creative live.

2. JC Ruiz September 18, 2013 at 12:32 pm #

Sounds like a great deal. Make money and get the chance to have Chase as your mentor for life. No downside to that at all!

3. Gavin Doran September 18, 2013 at 1:52 pm #

See you in May.

4. Trent Jones September 18, 2013 at 3:31 pm #

This looks great! I’d love to have the opportunity!

5. Vern Horst September 18, 2013 at 6:42 pm #

Ok, I took the bait. I have been talking about having a photography business for so many years now. Life never seems to let me do it, so I am doing it anyway.

6. Peter Steiner September 19, 2013 at 5:40 am #

What if I need the mentorship so I can actually stand a chance at this contest…? :-)

7. faisal September 19, 2013 at 10:02 am #

Wow, this is unbelievably good to turn down.

8. Marius September 19, 2013 at 11:34 am #

I love the idea! But it will be hard to sell commercial photography online..

9. Nik the Great September 19, 2013 at 1:01 pm #

Mentor Me, I would love the opportunity to deal with you for life. For empowerment purposes, really…Win, Win…I show why I’m the Great and hopefully you can show me how to pack all my skush in lifesize luggage and burn it? Burn it until the ashes of ashes dissolve. More then ready…You ready me?

10. April K September 19, 2013 at 1:06 pm #

Chase, When I win this will you still be my mentor even if I don’t open a store in the “art & photography” category?

11. PAIGE OVERTURF September 19, 2013 at 5:35 pm #

This is an amazing opportunity! More than the money, it’s the opportunity to have leaders like you in the industry that pumps me up and gets me excited for something like this!!

12. Latvia September 19, 2013 at 5:37 pm #

sick

13. Melissa Lile September 19, 2013 at 6:19 pm #

To actually be mentored by Chase Jarvis? Dream come true! I have so much to learn.

14. Janie September 19, 2013 at 8:30 pm #

great opportunity!

15. Tony September 20, 2013 at 10:44 pm #

Ya right… It just takes a website to create a business??

I mean come on, Half the people that won this before hand or ever started a business had to have thousand of dollars to invest in the first place… May it be gear, product or money to create a prototype

And who really cares about 50k if your pulling hundreds of thousand to a million in net profit?

I mean, I would drop everything to have the chance to learn from you Chase…But how does photography lump into this, I mean you can sell your services, and maybe some prints along the way, But what else??

How do you pull in enough money to win this thing unless you have a large studio filled back to back with shoots?

If I’m missing something, Honestly please let me know….

• Tony September 20, 2013 at 10:58 pm #

I’m an extremely creative business savvy man, I have two ideas alone for a photography business that could make millions to 10s of millions a year if done right..

Ideas for creative software and website that would pull in obscene amounts of profit, and Inventions that could change the world, and one that could change the way photographers use light… But it takes 10′s of thousands of dollars just to even get them off the ground… I don’t have capital to achieve it, which sickens me!!
      If anyone has an Idea how to go about it another way….Please enlighten me!!

16. Jermayn September 21, 2013 at 2:34 am #

Wow! So much fear and doubt! I’m of to read the T&S if the UK can enter? That buzz alone will push me forwards & further! Good luck guys…

17. Leitman September 24, 2013 at 3:07 pm #

im missing the point to be mentor of winner .. someone who win this competition probably doesnt need any mentor because his business is right and there isnt much to improve. 50k dollar check is fine, but mentor ? … im realy missing the idea … better to pick one of worst to be mentor and the best to pay 50k

18. Johanne Lila Larsen September 28, 2013 at 4:10 pm #

I can enter from Denmark, right? RIGHT???? Ha, doing it anyway, why not try and make shit happen!

19. Waleed Alzuhair September 28, 2013 at 4:47 pm #

Just one question.. Any geographical restrictions?

20. Oluwarotimi Babatunde October 1, 2013 at 11:28 pm #

Love it.

21. Alex Casero October 28, 2013 at 9:27 pm #

What about Bogotá, Colombia? May I participate?

22. Events Master February 2, 2014 at 6:10 pm #

I organize corporate events. Someone has shared a link of Events Master on twitter. I am glad that I signed up for Events Master. It is helping me in planning and managing my events business.
    At first I did not take it seriously and later I decided to give a try. I am satisfied to exhibit that I have an incredibly excellent feeling that I discovered exactly what I needed. With Events Master, I can
    plan events and manage expenses;
    make an event website and a flyer in no time;
    manage attendees;
    manage exhibitors and plan for exhibit rentals etc.

It has many more features. Entire process is very seamless and very organized. Simple pricing for Silver, Gold and platinum accounts. No hidden cost.

I am so happy that I did not had to go online many places for managing events. I highly recommend Events Master for your business. Visit http://www.eventsmaster.ca and see yourself.

23. Damaris February 19, 2014 at 4:10 pm #

Remarkable things here. I’m very happy to peer your article.
    Thank you a lot and I’m taking a look ahead to contact you.
    Will you kindly drop me a mail?

24. Tobias April 5, 2014 at 11:54 am #

Heya,

I have already started!

Can’t wait to meet you. Enjoy’d the videos you did with Kai from Digitalrev!

25. Dorthy September 14, 2014 at 6:31 pm #

Generally I don’t learn article on blogs, but I wish to say that this write-up very pressured me to try and do so!
    Your writing taste has been surprised me. Thanks, quite
    nice post.

26. blogspot.ro September 20, 2014 at 8:32 pm #

You probably need a refresher for the useful tips every online business owner should know about.
    She invites that you visit her site where she’s going to share a
    proven approach to start an business online. I have witnessed my share of scams, and have actually done a fantastic
    job avoiding being taken for any sucker and I’m here to inform you,
    Ameriplan isn’t a scam.