Let’s face it… it’s a complete myth that your work will just “be discovered” and that your personal brand just “happens.” These are topics that simply cannot be reduced to sound bites and can’t be left to happenstance. In case you missed last week’s LIVE broadcast of chasejarvisLIVE, we brought on brand luminary Marc Ecko and spent a full 90 minutes uncovering the core principles of Marc’s 20-year-long rocket ship of a career as an artist & entrepreneur.

Some top takeaways from the episode:

_Compete with your ideas – not dollars.
_The system will try to make you think you are not an artist – be a creator anyway.
_You can be a great artist AND a great entrepreneur
_By definition, a Community is about what you ARE, but also about what you AREN’T
_Creativity is a messy process. You have to be comfortable with the mess.
_It’s not what you make – it’s how you make people FEEL.

Marc is the man. He is THE Marc Ecko — the hugely successful graffiti artist-turned-entrepreneur whose Ecko Unltd and Complex Magazine brand platforms (which started in his parents’ garage) are now worth more than a BILLION dollars. Marc came on the show to help you and me understand personal authenticity, personal brand and how to apply them in your life and career. We also got an insider’s look into his new book, “Unlabel: Selling You Without Selling Out “ – which – if you can afford the $15 bucks should definitely purchase. I read it cover to cover on a single flight SEA to NYC last week and I’m on my second read now. LOTS of nuggets in there.

Here’s a few BTS shots from the episode:

8 Responses to How to Sell Yourself Without Selling Out [RE-WATCH the Legendary Marc Ecko on chasejarvisLIVE]

1. davide October 17, 2013 at 12:20 am #

Thank you from Italy Chase! I’m running to purchase Unlabel!

2. Jan October 17, 2013 at 3:00 am #

Thanks for doing this (from Vienna, Austria)!

• chase jarvis October 17, 2013 at 6:47 pm #

my pleasure – thanks for tuning in and being a supporter!

3. faisal October 17, 2013 at 5:35 am #

LOL at Chase’s expression in 2nd last pic

• chase jarvis October 17, 2013 at 6:45 pm #

ha! “is this shit blowing your mind like it’s blowing mine?!”

4. Robert Lowdon November 5, 2013 at 2:36 am #

Thanks very inspiration. Lately I’m realizing in my career after worrying about all the stuff I didn’t have at the start, not having it was what made me who I am. The ability to “tape” things together, get through barriers, and still make it work is so valuable today.

1. The Road Less Traveled By… walk away from the camera! » Project.12 - April 25, 2014

[...] can’t stop raving about Chase Jarvis Live! Today I listened to Marc Ecko talk about How to Sell Yourself Without Selling Out. And last week I heard Ramit Sethi talk about [...]

2. Marc Ecko – Selling You Without Selling Out - May 12, 2014

[...] me, applied to my life, or intrigued me. If you would like to explore these materials for yourself, watch the video  or read Marc’s book (Unlabel: Selling You Without Selling Out, Marc [...]