On Location: Hong Kong is Wet but Wonderful

As some of you accurately guessed from this pic I posted to Twitter last week, we’ve been rocking out in Hong Kong for a shoot, adapting to an uncooperative weather situation (rain – lots of it), hanging out on the water and dining on some pretty dynamite dim sum.

A few of you wondered if we were hooking up with our friends at DigitalRev. Maybe to do another lego camera shoot or show them how to really fake a big shot. Well my lips are sealed for the moment, although a pic below should put one of those questions to bed.

Stay tuned for more BTS action from this trip and enjoy some of the stills below:

The food has been all-time good. Dim sum, anyone?

Look who we found in Hong Kong. Our friends Kai from Digital Rev TV…good things transpired. Keep your eye on that channel to find out the scoop.

Crew elevator shot.

While the weather on this shoot has been less than ideal, Hong Kong has proven to be an incredible location. Roll with the punches and new opportunities present themselves.

15 Responses to On Location: Hong Kong is Wet but Wonderful

1. Daniel Kappelle December 17, 2013 at 11:24 am #

Wowie, so cool to see you guys meet! It was great when I first saw your name appear in one of DigitalRev’s video titles, had to watch it immediately ;) Super cool you’re meeting again!

I happened to be so fortunate to be in HK for a few days earlier this year, love the city. Definitely gotta get back there. Hope you’re enjoying/have enjoyed your stay!

Cheers

• chase jarvis December 17, 2013 at 1:12 pm #

yes! love the city – making it a point to come here for a shoot at least once each year since 2010… loving it.

• Daniel Kappelle December 17, 2013 at 1:30 pm #

Oh wow, can’t believe it. Once each year, that’s a lot. Gotta say I’m somewhat jealous there, but hey, I got nothing to complain about myself either. Anyway, looking forward to the shots you took there!

• Shawn Kregan January 3, 2014 at 11:33 am #

Any plans to shoot in Shanghai more often.? :) Lots of awesome views here, Its like a good mix of Taipei , Hong Kong, and Tokyo all rolled into one.

2. Kris Singleton December 17, 2013 at 6:09 pm #

I grew up there in the 80′s – it was rad then, dying to see it now, but haven’t done so yet :(

Have fun!

3. faisal December 18, 2013 at 5:19 am #

The behind the scene pics are always AWESOME.

4. Tania Gail December 18, 2013 at 7:48 pm #

Despite the rainy weather, it looks as though you are having a fabulous time filled with good food and good company.

I’m jealous.

Have fun and I’ll look forward to your unmentionable project with Kai and Digital Rev :)

5. Nic December 19, 2013 at 9:40 am #

What an incredible experience to do a shoot in Hong Kong! Something some of us can only dream of. I hope you continue to have a fabulous time :)

6. Ved December 22, 2013 at 9:05 am #

Looks like you guys are having fun..please share more behind the scene photos…on location photos, how and what you’re shooting..thanks for sharing your knowledge!

7. Britney Layne December 22, 2013 at 1:41 pm #

Looks like you had a blast. Thanks for sharing. I look forward to more of your adventures!

8. Borja Batalla December 27, 2013 at 4:25 pm #

Nikon D4s or D4x?

9. Nurul December 29, 2013 at 6:46 am #

Kowloon Hotel!

I stayed there just a few days ago, I wish I could have caught a sight of you while you were still there.

Gotta love your Lego camera challenge!

Cheers :)

10. João Almeida January 7, 2014 at 6:10 am #

Actually my dream weather for Hong Kong, or Tokyo, is a rainy day. All those lights, shapes, silhouettes and reflections at the end of the day :)

11. KD 6 Bamboo February 14, 2014 at 5:10 pm #

He also emphasizes that he’s not benefiting financially from the deal, and that pulling out of the collaboration would primarily hurt those who benefit from the Shawn Carter Foundation (which will receive 25 percent of sales of the Jay-Z/Barneys holiday collection)Molly Hoekstra said she has lived in the complex for nearly two years Shiraz is a marginal contender (7″ In fact, all of the top 10 most-mentioned phrases on Facebook related to the storm in some way among U There are demands and all k

1. TomOnTheRoof Photography Blog - January 29, 2014

Great Photography Blogs…

A list of photography blogs which I enjoy and recommend….