DigitalRev TV uses a GoPro to Fake my Hasselblad Masters Photo

Each time I have the good fortune to work with DigitalRev TV and my friend Kai Man Wong something memorable happens.

For example, you might recall the time that Kai and DigitalRev TV dragged me around Hong Kong with a Lego Camera on one of their infamous CheapCamera Challenges. The highlights included surprise runway models, aggravated kung fu fighters and eating pig’s anus on the street. Most recently Kai and his hilarious crew parodied my Facebook profile photo for Fake A Big Shot. The resemblance was, um, striking?

I decided it was time to turn the tables.

I showed up in Hong Kong to give Kai and the DigitalRev crew a taste of their own medicine. A CheapCamera Challenge of my design: To re-create a photo I shot with the Hasselblad H3D. This was a $25,000 piece of equipment in 2007 when I shot the photo. I gave him 8 hours … and a GoPro Hero3PLUS ($399) to get it done.

Here’s how the the final product compares to my original. What do you think? Check out the video above to see how he did it.

Chasejarvis_DigitalRevTV

Thanks to Kai and the whole DigitalRev TV crew for working on short notice and being such great sports. Subscribe to their channel here.

This procedure involves the burning of the top layer of skin to promote new collagen production. A good majority move down from the cold up north to our beautiful, white sandy beaches.

If you own a centrifugal juicer and are annoyed by the foaming
and the clogging switch to a masticating juicer.

Florian says:

They are considering a ban on these compounds due to concerns that the paralysis could become permanent.
To take hold of this gentle wisdom and to remember that if I let go and be held by Mother Nature’s ebb and flow
that I too will be brought back to pools of stillness.
Here, the Caves hotel multiplies your joy with amazing views.

top juicer says:

If your family enjoys camping, you can even extend your visit over a weekend and set up tents along the way.
5) Another thing to look into is whether the cover charge will include housekeeping
services. In a new media driven world, people rely on search, their friends
on social networks, and other online media channels to hear about things
happening in the digital world.

This procedure involves the burning of the top layer of skin to promote
new collagen production. When choosing furniture,
you’ll be deciding on many different types of chairs
to put into your home. Of course, the traditional winter recipes work well too and the advantage for me
of having a large slow cooker for our small family is that I can double the quantities and
make two meals, one of which I can freeze for another
day.

Ensure that your resume makes it easy for the readers to identify your capabilities and feel your enthusiasm to be a part of their workforce.
The temple shines with infinite reflections from hundreds of
crystallized glass pieces. As its name implies, the boat itself, created by an act of Congress in 1916, is the country’s only full-fledged floating post office with the power to
cancel mail.

Shanel says:

As a result of staying away from foods packed with carbs, the body will start to burn off fat more rapidly and more effectively, at
least this is the idea. Triphala Choorna benefits us through
its detoxifying powers. Each person has a different nature resulting in different weight loss result.

The types that are available are numerous and you can choose your pick from the ones that range from hand press models to ones
that are electrically operated. Apart from sunbathing on the glorious sandy
beach, this little village offers the tourist much more.
In a new media driven world, people rely on search, their friends on social networks, and other online media channels to hear about things happening in the digital world.

Outside cleaners have to do a good job, or they don’t
get invited back. In a new media driven world, people rely on search, their
friends on social networks, and other online media channels to
hear about things happening in the digital world.

Awesome blog you have here but I was wondering if you
knew of any message boards that cover the same topics talked about here?
I’d really like to be a part of community where I can get responses from
other experienced people that share the same interest. If
you have any recommendations, please let me know.
Thanks a lot!

What i don’t realize is in fact how you’re no longer really much
more neatly-favored than you might be right now. You are very intelligent.
You know therefore significantly with regards
to this topic, made me personally believe it from numerous numerous angles.
Its like women and men are not interested until it’s something
to do with Woman gaga! Your individual stuffs great. At all times
maintain it up!

My relatives always say that I am killing my time here at net, however I know I am getting know-how
all the time by reading thes pleasant articles.

Daniel says:

Great video. Gro pro is getting there with the big boys.
Digital rev TV is quite showing how important Its once behind the camera. Of course they are limitation chase make it looks its simple. Thanks for the share.

This takes into consideration making the dome design the most inoffensive looking
design. Delhi is known for its night life as well as blamed for the same.
Clearly state the kind of behavior expected, the actions that would taken in case of misbehavior,
what not to bring to school, etc.

Cctv Perth says:

To learn how to install a CCTV camera for a wired system, you will need to know some things:
. Patrolling of passageways and offices can be done remotely from the safety measures office of a building with video surveillance systems,
thus reducing your requirement for additional manpower.

Closed circuit cameras also make excellent traffic monitors.

Emelia says:

My family members always say that I am wasting my time here
at net, except I know I am getting know-how daily by reading such nice content.

Hi there, its pleasant post regarding media print, wwe all know media iis a impressive source off facts.

Nice blog here! Also your site rather a lot up fast!

What host are you using? Can I am getting your affiliate hyperlink
on your host? I want my web site loaded up as
quickly as yours lol

I’ve been exploring for a little bit for any high-quality articles or
blog posts in this kind of space . Exploring in Yahoo
I finally stumbled upon this website. Reading this information So i’m glad to express
that I have an incredibly just right uncanny feeling I came
upon just what I needed. I so much certainly will make certain to do not omit this site
and give it a look regularly.

Hello, yeah this piece of writing is really nice and I have learned lot of things from it on the topic of blogging.

thanks.

Did you rip on Kai for complaining so much? I feel like he did a pretty good job considering the circumstances.

and twice they have been rebuffedBattery Drain or Unable to RechargeThis is one of the frequently complained issues on Nexus 5 – the battery drain or mediocre battery lifeIn company news,LeBron 11 Cheap, after racking in a rise in advertising5 million units of motorcycles He watched the show from the living room of his home in Scotch Plains, NEd Miliband, the opposition Labour party leader, has said he would force energy firms to freeze their prices for 20 months from 2015 if he is electedWe wou

you rock Chase. Love your sense of humor. And, as always. THANK YOU for all you do to keep us in the know.
Bryan

Jonny says:

Awesome post, great synergy between you both, and nice work by Kai!

Mark says:

Who knew that getting the shot just right was so hard? I just assumed you guys got it the first time. I guess that I need to try and try again to get that shot just right. Thanks for the great insight into the world of pro photography!

” Casey said. ”Maybe some day when I’m as old as Moses.” Donovan said. was second with 67. landed a pair of right hand shots that left Groves sagging and seemingly helpless when Foster jumped in. 36, Jonny Flynn (sixth overall in 2009), The 36-player ballot will include Armando Benitez. They’ve won three of those games by eight and another by seven – close enough to give the defense practice at some version of the prevent and the offense work on the run-heavy, violence. including new seats an

Fenne says:

cool result, he did very well!

Jason says:

The best camera is the one that’s with you right? For what it’s worth, he actually got real close considering the different technology he used.

bimal nair says:

I loved every bit of this. Awesome!!! :)

Michae Anthony Murphy says:

Didn’t think he would get that background but he came pretty damn close.

Shariq says:

That was fun! Nice to turn the tables on Kai MW!

Ok now do we get to pixelpeep the shot from the GoPro? :)

Steve says:

Hats off to Jerard. Couldn’t have been easy or warm to spend that much time in and out of the pool.

I think the motto for this shoot is simply “do what you can with what you’ve got.” I think Kai’s shot is really good, despite all of the post-processing that must have happened to erase the pool background and replace it with the background that ended up on it.

Jay says:

I think he did pretty well. I really enjoyed watching him work through the problems, and watching you coach him, Chase.

And, for the record, your accent was brilliant. :-)

faisal says:

GoPro is evolving so well.

The video was great, I just love your collabs! I also think the outcome is very impressive given the constraints. Very inspiring to see how he makes progress during those hours of trial and error. Love it, thanks to y’all!
Cheers, Daniel

Josh says:

I think he did pretty well, to be honest. Like Chase was saying, he had $25,000+ of gear and lighting to pull of the shot, whereas Kai had a GoPro 3 – still a good piece of kit for what it is, but nothing compared to a Hasselblad! But it’s like you do when you are pushing photography using whatever you have, Chase – you use an iPhone and pull out some awesome shots! I shoot using a D3200 and standard kit lenses (18-55 f/3.5-5.6 and 55-200 f/3.5-5.6) because it is the only gear I can afford to shoot with, and I like to think that I can pull some nice photos out of it =) thanks for the blog and helping everyone else out with their photography as much as you do Chase!!