LENSTOPIA Part II – The 5 Top Lenses For Your Nikon Camera

Hopefully you caught this popular post last quarter. And so it continues here with another review of the top lenses – this time of the top Nikon lenses – my preferred weapon of choice when shooting stills. You already know I rarely write about gear since there are entire websites dedicated to that sophistry but it doesn’t change the fact that it’s still a top request I get from you, so the way I mitigate these divergent forces is by occasionally highlighting the tools that I actually use, lust for or have used extensively in the field…for years. The benefit of this approach is that I shoot almost EVERY camera brand for one thing or another. There is no brand loyalty here – just a loyalty to quality. Nikon for stills. Canon dSLR for video. Hasselblad for high end studio / fashion, GoPro for POV etc etc. So between yours truly, my video guru Erik, and my gear editor/research pal Sohail we’ve logged some real effort here to aggregate our thoughts on these lenses with the hope that you get at least 1 or 2 juicy takeaways. The images are Sohail’s since he is more of a gear “tester” – and wrangling thru millions of images to find one of my fav’s with each lens would kill me. So there you have it. Finally…a “top anything” list always stirs some debate – but that’s welcome and appreciated. Think we’re off by a lens or two? Let us know below – and why.

Oh and as a reminder – this isn’t a list of ‘the 5 lenses everyone should have’. It’s ‘these are the top 5 lenses in the Nikon lineup… Reminder you can rent or buy at very different price point ;)
__

So here’s Lenstopia Part II: Nikon.

Nikon 85mm f/1.8G

Nikon 85mm f/1.8G

Nikon 85mm f/1.8G

Nikon makes a very nice f/1.4 version of the standard 85mm portrait lens, but for my money (and yours), the smaller, cheaper, and lighter 85mm f/1.8G is where it’s at. Aside from the small difference in aperture, this lens dominates its more expensive counterpart. This is one of the best portrait lens I’ve ever used, and I can’t speak highly enough of it. It boasts 7 diaphragm blades make for a nice, buttery bokeh, and the optics are simply outstanding, providing tack sharp images even when the aperture is wide open. We’ve all got friends who made their start as portrait photographers with this lens and continue using it well after they could have afforded the more expensive 85mm f/1.4.

Buy it here.
Borrow it here.

Shot with a Nikon D800E and an 85mm f/1.8G lens. © Sohail Mamdani

Shot with a Nikon D800E and an 85mm f/1.8G lens. © Sohail Mamdani

Nikon 14-24mm f/2.8G

Nikon 14-24mm f/2.8G Lens

Nikon 14-24mm f/2.8G Lens

This lens needs no introduction. To say that it’s legendary is to hit it right on the mark. It is a veritable workhorse for me – when I ask for the “wide” from my assistant, he knows to hand me this lens, period. For landscape photographers, it’s always a tasty lens to have.

Another tasty bit that makes this lens remarkable is how incredibly sharp it is, corner-to-corner. Wide-angle lenses –especially those with the bulbous front element that this one has– often lose some of that sharpness in the corners. At 14mm, you’ll definitely see some distortion and there will be some vignetting at that range as well, but both are easily corrected in software. If you use Lightroom, it has a built-in lens profile to correct for those.

Canon users have a serious case of lens envy when it comes to this beauty. There simply isn’t anything out there in this zoom and aperture range that can come close to it in the Canon inventory; in fact, a number of photographers (including Sohail) have stuck this baby onto a Canon body to get the most out of both worlds – especially when shooting video.

Buy it here.
Borrow it here.

Delta Farm. Shot with the Nikon D800E and 14-24mm f/2.8G lens. © Sohail Mamdani

Delta Farm. Shot with the Nikon D800E and 14-24mm f/2.8G lens. © Sohail Mamdani

Nikon 135mm f/2DC

Nikon 135mm f/2DC

Nikon 135mm f/2DC

Erik, Sohail and I rapped about this and two things came up. One: this is the sharpest portrait lens out there. It slays. And two: to the best of our recollection, Nikon and Sony are the only manufacturers that make these “Defocus Control” lenses. Simply put, they allow you to control the “look” of the out-of-focus areas (see this article for a good example of what that means), and that gives you an added amount of creative control over that aspect of your images.

#2 is a nice to have. For #1, this lens is the undisputed heavyweight champ of the Nikon line and perhaps the world. The Nikon 135mm f/2.0DC lens has pure rock-solid optics. Another bonus is the metal hood. The design is tops and helps us avoid those pesky (breakable) plastic ones that dominate the market these days. The only detriment to this lens making this list? It’s very hard to find. They are a limited-run lens and often out of stock. Rumor has it that a shipment is on it’s way to Adorama right now. Literally. If you have the means to pick one up you won’t be sorry. For the record, I don’t own this lens, but I wish I did and may get on this next shipment ;)

Buy it here.
Borrow it here.

Shot with a D800E and a Nikon 135mm f/2

Shot with a D800E and a Nikon 135mm f/2. © Sohail Mamdani

Nikon 70-200mm f/2.8 VRII

Nikon 70-200mm f/2.8 VRII

Nikon 70-200mm f/2.8 VRII

This lens is the workhorse of the Nikon lineup. No lens has spent as much time on Nikon bodies – including mine – as this one, and every single one of my Nikon-shooting buddies swear by the 70-200mm. Version One of this lens was no less of a workhorse, but when the VRII came out around 2009 or 2010, Nikon upped the game considerably. Largely gone were any issues that plagued the version I – the vignetting at certain focal lengths, the slight softness at certain apertures, the chromatic aberration that showed up from time to time. This lens does everything the version I did, and then some. Focusing, btw, is legendary and almost bulletproof.

VR is better as well, giving you up to four stops of vibration reduction. Nikon also added nano-crystal coating to this lens’ elements and the lens is weather-sealed with compatible bodies. The focal length is useful for just about every kind of shooter (Sohail even uses it for landscape, as you can see below), and most wedding and portrait shooters will typically have this one on hand for important shoots.

Buy it here.
Borrow it here.

Fog-shrouded Bay Area. Shot with the Nikon 70-200 f.2.8 VRII © Sohail Mamdani

Fog-shrouded Bay Area. Shot with the Nikon 70-200 f.2.8 VRII © Sohail Mamdani

Nikon 800mm f/5.6

Nikon 800mm f/5.6ED

Nikon 800mm f/5.6ED

Okay, let’s be clear; this isn’t a lens a lot of folks will be able to afford. It’s sweet if you are loaded and have one laying around to use at will – but confession; I do not own this lens (both you and I can rent it from our pals at BorrowLenses.com, though). But it does belong on this list, and here’s why.

Until recently, Canon’s 800mm f/5.6 lens has been about the longest lens currently in production by one of the big manufacturers. The longest lens on the Nikon side has been the 600mm f/4, which is a rather good bit of kit on its own.

Until recently Nikonians have had to put up with Canonites flaunting their 800mm. Well, Nikonians now have their own cannon (yes, pun intended) to play with, and oh, what a cannon it is! The 800mm f/5.6 is a beauty of a lens, and is certainly the finest super-tele optics I’ve had the pleasure of shooting with and perhaps tops overall. It IS the lens on this list that I have the least experience with, but I can confirm that it focuses every bit as fast as Nikon’s 600mm f/4 does, and faster IMHO than the Canon 800mm f/5.6. The optics are yummy, and you’re more likely to notice atmospheric distortion caused by focusing on objects far away than you are optical distortion – which is a feat of physics.

Again, this is not your everyday lense (or even every month) but when you gotta go long, this is absolutely delicious. While TC’s are not my thing, Sohail says if you throw on the included 1.25x teleconverter (now you’re rockin’ a 1000mm f/7.1 lens) this sucker is so powerful, it’ll give you a slightly uneasy feeling as you point it at distant building. From across the San Francisco Bay, standing on Treasure Island, you can take an image that will let you actually see into the windows of the top floors of the Transamerica Pyramid Building well enough to make out the green glow of an “Exit” sign, some art on the walls, and a doorway. Whoa.

Closeup of the Transamerica Pyramid Building © Sohail Mamdani

100% crop of the image of the Transamerica Pyramid Building © Sohail Mamdani

Creepy? Yeah. Cool as heck? Definitely!

Buy it here.
Borrow it here.

That’s it for this edition of Lenstopia. In the next installment, we’ll take on the best lenses Hasselblad has to offer.

83 Responses to LENSTOPIA Part II – The 5 Top Lenses For Your Nikon Camera

1. Scott Reither February 5, 2014 at 12:07 pm #

That 800 could be fun to rent and play around with. I can’t even imagine how my “eye” would see at that focal length…

Thanks for the report.

2. Matthew Kieffer February 5, 2014 at 1:30 pm #

I am actually surprised that the 24-70 did not make the list. Sure, it is not all that sexy, but it makes up for it in versatility vs. quality. Looking forward to your review of the 58mm 1.4.

• Chase February 10, 2014 at 1:07 pm #

Matthew – see my note below on the 24-70. In short, I love it, but its not “tops”.

3. Malinda Hartong February 5, 2014 at 2:38 pm #

I so agree with the 85 and the 70-200. There are 3 more i LOVE on my D300s (yes its a crop frame and I love that about it)
    50mm f1.8
    24-85 2.8-4 – AWESOME walk around lens. This old style is discontinued and I will miss t dearly if I ever need to replace mine – it has a macro setting that lets me get close enough to bump the lens hood on whatever I’m shooting before I get too close. That in my book makes it perfect for me – 2 lenses in 1 for under $600. You can still find a refurb here & there.
    12-24 – again perfect on my camera. I use it all the time literally shooting from the hip, especially for news shooting kids events – looking the other way they are more ‘candid’ and less camera-aware.
    Thanks for posting your faves. Oh, and 1 more I miss from my staff days – 200-400 – great for SWAT & highway crashes shot from far away

• David Snyder May 16, 2014 at 10:23 pm #

I see you use a d300., can you help me decide between a d7100 and a d610 ? Dx or Fx ? I currently have a d40x and want to upgrade . Thank you !

• frank September 30, 2014 at 9:08 am #

No contest crop frame right now the ruler of the kingdom is the Nikon D7100 by far and wide… you will be extremely hard pressed to jump to FX bodies once you see the quality of image you get with this body and FX lenses… its mental.

Perfect in every aspect for the on the go photographer … nice res… great frames per second, very acceptable low light performance and dual sd card slots ( and no matter how much you jump cry or scream SD cards ARE the future) slap a battery grip an FX lens and you will be very hard press to find a better combination.

• Lindsey October 31, 2014 at 5:40 pm #

I own a D80 and was looking on upgrading as well. So the FX is a lot better then? I was going to stick with the DX because I have 3 lenses for it and just buy new lenses. But if the FX is better ill look into it. I shoot portraits, pets, kids sporting events etc.

• Mike December 18, 2014 at 10:49 am #

No Lindsey, he said ‘FX Lenses on a DX body’.

4. Alex February 5, 2014 at 5:29 pm #

I love the 50 mm1.4 too !,

5. Packer February 5, 2014 at 5:34 pm #

With Matthew on the 24-70 not making the cut. Surprising knowing how much you praise it elsewhere and how versatile it is. In general though, a very interesting list. I’d never heard much about the 135mm. Will check it out.

• Chase February 10, 2014 at 1:06 pm #

i LOVE the 24-70. Def my most ‘used’ lense. but that’s cause the focal length is popular and the zoom gives me flexibility…not necessarily because it’s one of Nikon “top” lenses. It’s not bad, and i use the thing every damn day, but the other 5 are higher in quality.

• Anonymous March 12, 2014 at 6:03 am #

SO THE 24-70 Would be in your must have list?

What would be your must have list as this is your top 5 best quality list.

• Scott Ramsey November 18, 2014 at 5:08 pm #

I’m thinking of getting the 16-35mm f/4 for my landscape go to lens since you can use a filter with it. What are your thoughts vs. the 14-24? I’m thinking the filter would be the deciding factor. Thanks for your insight.

6. Jason February 5, 2014 at 6:02 pm #

I’ve not used the 135 DC, but I have the 105 DC and it is phenomenally sharp. If you can’t find the 135mm, or that length is a little long for you, consider the 105. It will not dissapointed.

• Chase February 10, 2014 at 1:05 pm #

That, ladies and gentlemen, is great advice from Jason…

7. João Almeida February 5, 2014 at 6:14 pm #

I own the 105mm f2 DC (much similar to the 135mm) and it’s one my favourite lenses ever, it has got one of the nicest bokehs I’ve seen and love it as a portrait lens or as a street tele. It even was one of the reasons why I bought an F mount adapter for my newly bought Fuji.

8. bwana February 5, 2014 at 6:40 pm #

You buy it here for Nikon 800mm f/5.6 goes to a Sigma lens?

9. JoeyB February 5, 2014 at 8:15 pm #

I’ve been curious about the 135… now I’ll have to rent one and see if I like it!

10. David Wai February 5, 2014 at 8:42 pm #

I’m a Canonite. I think I can say the same for the canon equivalents.

11. Lester February 6, 2014 at 5:28 am #

I absolutely love my Nikon 200mm f/2.0!

• Chase February 10, 2014 at 1:04 pm #

I do totally dig the 200 f2. also love the 200-400 f4. both those are delicious

12. si morgan February 6, 2014 at 8:47 am #

Must agree on the 135 f2, I own it , i love it , its a bitch to use, but my god the photos are fantastic. That lens is the daddy. 85 1.4 is also superb and easier to use so I have that on my cam most of the time.

• Chase February 10, 2014 at 1:03 pm #

yes. it needs an update – but the optics…. right?!

13. faisal February 6, 2014 at 10:10 pm #

Some really cool lenses.

14. Mark February 7, 2014 at 12:32 pm #

The 135mm f/2 is an aging CA filled lens about 10 years overdue for an update. The canon version (and just about every 70-200) bests it easily. Let’s just hope sigma come up with a modern alternative soon.

• Chase February 10, 2014 at 1:03 pm #

Aging ain’t always bad Mark ;) But I agree. Love to see an update to this sucker.

15. Alex Chambers February 8, 2014 at 5:17 pm #

Thanks for sharing us about this review! Which among them is the cheapest and yet have a good quality and can be used by a professional photographer? I’m there are new model of lenses coming this year so we’ll be looking forward for them.

• Chase February 10, 2014 at 1:02 pm #

not sure about “cheapest” but I think you can get good prices on the 135, and the 70-200 – given that these are very very “useful” lenses.

But click around on the Adorama links under “buy” and see what you get w price…

16. Linda February 11, 2014 at 9:53 am #

I love my Nikon cameras and lenses. With that said, I adore the 70-200 mm and am quickly falling in love with my 85mm which has taken me over a year to use more often than not. Thanks for the tips.

17. Amin Riadh February 15, 2014 at 7:33 pm #

“Nikon 135mm f/2DC”

If you do not have the money . . . buy a Carl Zeiss Jenna DDR Sonnar f/3.5 135mm – it is cheap and you will need an adapter. Quality? It can come very close to that lens mentioned above . . . yes you only have manual control.

However – it does suffer longitudinal CA.

18. mac cosmetics pro February 16, 2014 at 6:45 pm #

The Basic Makeup Products Every Woman NeedsI a makeup virgin and totally clueless when it comes to wearing the stuff. What are your top tips for a basic everyday look and the products that I could use?The Base. Although we love foundation, most women tend to over apply the stuff. If you’ve got relatively good skin (meaning: naturally quite even and smooth with little to no blemishes or redness) then you can get away with wearing a tinted moisturiser throughout the day and then tackling problem a

19. David Ewers February 18, 2014 at 1:11 am #

the Nikon 800mm is a fantastic lens but unless you are shooting wildlife at extreme distance or very serious bird photography. I can’t see much use for it. It is even too long and hefty for sports photography. I think the 200 F2 would be a better lens on this list

20. Nguyen kinh luan February 19, 2014 at 8:57 am #

i think it is an excellent product. The products are very plentiful, this lens does an amazing job with portrait. I have only had this lens for a little over 2 weeks but I want to say that so far, this lens has performed well above my expectation. This device is due to launch in Korea very soon, pricing is unknown

21. Daf February 20, 2014 at 5:33 am #

Is there a Wide Prime prime that you’d suggest ?
    Think I’d prefer a short DOF prime over the 14-24.

Have the 85 1.8 – lovely lens although it’s struggled to focus on occasion. Have missed a shot or two.
    Much slower than my 50 1.4 or 24-70

• Daf February 20, 2014 at 5:34 am #

I mean shallow DOF not short

22. Hindi April Fool Sms February 26, 2014 at 12:31 am #

Nikon is great…..

23. Tom Mason March 1, 2014 at 4:34 am #

Sweet list of lenses, the 70-200 is certainly on my list for 2014 after my 24-70 purchase soon!
    Got to say one lens that I own and Totally LOVE is the 300 2.8 VR II!
    Saved for 4 years, bought it on my 18th Birthday. Love it and use it every day basically. Sharp as tack, built like a tank and with the 1.4 and new 2.0 TC’s gives an awesome set of 300 420 and 600mm focal lengths on FX. Oh and the AF is sexy fast.
    One for the consideration if long lenses are your bag!

24. Bijoux Hermes March 2, 2014 at 8:34 pm #

She seems to purposefully be playing the role of a naif,Chanel Handbags, which interferes with her ability to engage other pundits. Yes, there’s no substitute for the firsthand experience of someone like Paul Begala,Oakley Sale, but time spent as a journalist or public figure doesn’t necessarily translate to being a good contributor on a panel. I saw Christopher Hitchens and Mos Def on an episode of Realtime a few months ago, and the latter had a lot more compelling things to say than the allege

25. jordan shoes wholesale March 6, 2014 at 5:55 pm #

From inside the group”Who also cares about it, Detroit are going to throw St. Louis and appear to prevent the Rams on looking for specific first acquire of the growing season. Detroit will ever try to beat the game just most of as well as her second online in two the years, And may accomplish something,jordan shoes cheap, But they want to play effectively, And also allow the Rams amazed the lender on weekend morning. One particular Texans have always been web site and in addition 49′ers continue

26. ray ban sunglasses March 26, 2014 at 4:23 am #

Ildelugtende hund derhjemme efterfølgende umiddelbart efter år isoleret i afghanistan,ballerines roger vivier Spurs mentor gregg popovic,discount ray ban sunglassesWoods, Woodlands,ray ban sunglasses,canada goose jakke Proclaimed all of my charlie po, Plus sumpe omkranser retræte natrium vådområder desuden sikre miljø for flere rovfugle. En masse trækkende rovfugle investere i skovklædte kvarterer tæt på vådområder som fineste siddepind

27. Event Photography March 27, 2014 at 12:13 am #

Wow, I’ve been doing a lot of research trying to find the right camera to upgrade to for my photo shoots and your article gave me some great insight. I have a new perspective on cameras as I set off to get the right one for me. Thanks!

28. ?????? March 28, 2014 at 2:27 pm #

也许生涯在暖和阳光下的我们都在考虑或追跟着统一个问题。什么才是真正的幸福?你是否也曾以为,幸福离本人很遥远,很遥远。远到听&#19

29. ?????? March 28, 2014 at 4:36 pm #

我的心浪荡在世间的四月天 我说你是人间的四月天,笑响点亮了四周的风,轻巧在春的光艳中交舞着变…  四月天,好像这个节令只存在她的诗里&#122

30. Oakley Goggle Sunglasses April 17, 2014 at 12:50 am #

I Took These With My Olympus XA,Cheap oakley sunglasses womens, An Automatic/aperture Priority Point And Shoot Which Is Capable Of 10 Second Exposures Using That TechniqueBefore I Came To Poland I Didn’t Understand What My Grandmother Meant When She Told Me I’d Be Walking On The Blood Of Her Family< >Barracuda Seems Like A Strange Place To Announce Yourengagement I Had Only Ordered 2 Packs,oakley sunglasses cheap, So I Would Have To Be Careful In Deciding When To Use It And Wha

31. Emory Emond April 18, 2014 at 4:21 am #

Thanks for the Information, thanks for your useful Post. I will come back later .

32. katline April 28, 2014 at 4:47 am #

Just found this awesome camera lense for my daughter at a deep discount on Amazon: http://amzn.to/1hGzlO1 – Couldn’t believe my luck, check it out before they take the promotion down.

33. Teheh Hong Leong April 29, 2014 at 4:29 am #

Lens is the most important for camera. Depends on lens of camera we can take great quality snapshots. Your blog is looking great with the snapshots of these quality pictures. I’m impressed with your photographs. And after getting through your blog i decided to buy a new lens for my camera.

34. Cheap Pandora Charms Jewelry May 7, 2014 at 7:25 am #

22-3-22886The the most popular accommodations to explain should be poems. The actual having fun with instructions, The entire thinking ability among trainees,22-10-21301, Along with also the receiving of latest ways to explain an easy problem often provides me with a excitement. I am talking about absolutely. A 54 yr old town Chester ladies provides dupe within your insert shift being cheated method. Some of the most important girl provides called to include soft top promotions on her truck to s

35. Nike Air Foamposite One May 8, 2014 at 7:14 am #

Storey finds their anecdotes fascinating Her hair is swept back in an undo and she wears a pleated dress in one and a black ensemble in another I0 out of 10 based on 51 ratings , ,Too heavy,Lebrons11s.com/, too clumpy, too expensive & too smelly! These were all words used to describe the Asics Gel Kinsei 2 Kind of jealous, as I want a pair of these now, even though I could quite possibly be the worst football player evert be more perfect for Fall 2011 But,Womens Air Jordan 5, she cautions, to be

36. Christian Louboutin May 11, 2014 at 11:21 pm #

Members of a height Secret Service element responsible because patrolling the circle of the White House were reportedly pulled off their posts for several weeks in the summer of 2011 and ordered apt defend the family of the assistant to the agency’s then-director. The Washington Post,Christian Louboutin Ankle Boots, citing three people versed with the operation, reported late Saturday namely the agents were sent apt a rural zone outdoor La Plata, Md.in what was known as Operation Moonlight. The

37. cheap jordans.com May 21, 2014 at 6:54 pm #

soaring hilltop temples, Perched on a splendid hilltop overlooking the Jordan Valley and the Sea of Galilee,” Spirk used the opportunity to get everyone playing time each of the 14 Greyhounds had at least 10 minutes and to work on everything except pressing. Eugene SmithW. Cal Ripken Jr. 2012The Artist (Widescreen and Blu ray)This silent film explores a silent film star who begins a relationship with a young dancer during the prelude to talking films.Best New Comedy and Romantic jordan 1 clover

38. http://www.site-3000.fr June 2, 2014 at 7:58 pm #

This indicates that consumers can get pleasure from positive aspects of much more selection and being in a position to acquire employed designer jeans for distinct situations and outfits.While i appreciate the fact that one of the main characters was overweight and it was never commented on(When was the last time you saw even a mildly overweight person where it wasn’t a plot device?If there are air bubbles in the liquid this actually slows down and christian louboutin pas cher reduces the ‘s bra

39. moncler outlet June 4, 2014 at 6:28 am #

Gertrude Edith Thornton,Sidney Crosby JerseyShe has preceded in death by her husband, Carmon Thornton and brother, Hermann Haberbech, Jr. Survivors include; sister in law, Janice Knaack-Bennett and her husband, Darley; nephews, James Knaack, Tony Teresa Knaack, Todd Wendy Knaack, every single piece of Lakeland; nieces, Sibilla Emmert, Birgit Birwirt the two of Germany; great nieces, Trudy Patterson, Angel Carabello plus their families, and her loving caregiver, Kay Calhoun of Lakeland.Visitation

40. Nike Air Yeezy 2 June 4, 2014 at 11:31 pm #

Al-Qaeda is on the runThe World Bank published a report?Capitalizing on the Demographic Transition, Tackling Non-communicable Diseases in South Asia?in 2011, which showed an enormous rise in the suicide rate in Pakistan Here,Nike Air Yeezy 2, Im not denying a well-known fact that Asif Zardari is not an idealist,Air Jordan Shoes 6, and believes in power politics and cronyism The use of excessive force to quell anti-government demonstrations in 2007 and 2009 has not helped to reassure the skeptics

41. ubranka dziecięce June 8, 2014 at 2:04 pm #

love the 800mm It’s very good. :-)

photography poland

42. jordan 5 black white June 11, 2014 at 6:17 pm #

better to be safe then sorry. Well, No es de maravillar que entre esos libros exista relacin anloga a jordans cheap online la que medi entre los dos primeros caudillos jordans shoes store de Israel. the jordan shoes tal veznotable, plain old regular row. But it is hard if you are just looking in a book and trying to see low priced jordans shoes how to do it. tooPosted on Jan 1, 2014Don Cherry: Violence loving AnglicanPosted on Jan 2, But he fouled out in the final minute and was unable to contri

43. Foto Nunta Brasov July 8, 2014 at 5:59 am #

Hello!
    I use for wedding this lenses:
    Canon 35 f2 IS
    Canon 100 f2.8 Macro
    Canon 24-105 f4 IS
    Canon 70-200 f 2.8 L IS II

Thank you for the review.

• C September 30, 2014 at 9:23 am #

We don’t care for Canon over here :)

• C September 30, 2014 at 9:24 am #

24-70mm is my favorite! It’s great.

44. int64 August 8, 2014 at 3:05 am #

Great post !

I would never recommend the 800mm. Instead, the 400mm f/2.8E FL ED VR with a tele-converter.

45. Hiaq August 18, 2014 at 7:49 am #

Wonderful work! Thank You for sharing!

46. best lens battery for nikon d5000 camera August 25, 2014 at 11:29 pm #

Great blog here! Also your weeb site loads up very fast! What web host are you using?
    Cann I get your affiliate link too your host? I wish myy website loadedd up as fast aas yours lol

47. Arcadekidsworld.Com September 8, 2014 at 9:13 am #

jessy autumn beauty, bubble shooter kids world,gamerz ity,action online games,arcade kids games,online car games for kids,arcade kids world,free games,kids game online

48. car cigarette lighter socket adapter September 16, 2014 at 12:04 am #

Save the plugs

49. clash of lords 2 hack tool September 21, 2014 at 12:11 am #

I’m gone to say to my little brother, that he should also visit this webpage on regular basis to get updated from most up-to-date news update.

50. Stephen R September 30, 2014 at 8:14 pm #

I couldn’t quite afford the luscious 14-24 so I got the 17-35mm f2.8 instead, not as good but great value!

51. Dan October 14, 2014 at 2:13 pm #

The Sigma 50mm 1.4 Art lens is pure ridiculous sharpness and fastness. Beats all Nikon and Canon glass
    without breaking a sweat. Unrivaled only to the Zeiss Otus which is 4k.

52. Samsung November 17, 2014 at 8:07 pm #

I read this post fully on the topic of the resemblance of newest and preceding technologies, it’s remarkable article.

53. Petra de Bruin November 30, 2014 at 5:33 am #

You have an assistant that hands you lenses? Wow:-)

54. beauti blogs December 14, 2014 at 6:25 am #

)Do you seriously want to take your Visalus home business to a new level.
    Peter Ragnar’s ‘How To Build Muscle On A Raw Food Diet’.
    Media Highlights: Blair on “The Big Idea – The American Dream” with Ivanka Trump:.

55. Jesus n December 18, 2014 at 7:05 am #

35 mm 1.8 is a great lens

56. fabric table runner accessory December 18, 2014 at 7:19 am #

Fabulous, what a web site it is! This website provides useful data to us, keep
    it up.

57. Terry December 18, 2014 at 8:44 am #

I have two of these lenses. The 70-200mm (my fav) and the 14-24mm.
    Both have there places in my camera bag and never leave without them.
    The 70-200mm is 75% or more of the time on my D800. I also have a 35mm 1.4 which is super sharp also.
    My least used lens is the 50mm 1.4G but it does get used for specific looks.
    I’d sure love to add that 800mm to my arsenal. I’m accepting all donations to make it happen! lol
    Thanks Chase!
    Cheers :)

58. Brian Davis December 18, 2014 at 9:17 am #

I’ve got the Nikon 135 F/2 and it’s a great portrait lens for isolation and buttery bokeh, but it’s definitely not crazy sharp. I’ve actually found its pretty soft especially around F/2 – F/2.8 where I normally shoot it. If you stop down to F/4 – F/5.6 it does get a bit better, but still not the sharpest. I recently picked up a Sigma 50 F/1.4 Art and that thing is amazingly fast/sharp. It’s my new fav….totally beating out my pro Nikon glass.

59. Brad Chaplin December 18, 2014 at 6:37 pm #

Chase,
    Thank you for the review. This is very useful information. I will keep this in mind as I add lenses to my bag.

60. sneakers isabel marant ??t?? 2013 March 28, 2014 at 2:46 am #

Sch key feates of the deightf GM bag wod make a peson think that it wi be an easy job identifying a fake deightf Lois Vitton GM bag. La F internationale de football association (FIFA) a vendu les droits de diffusion pour un milliard d’euros (1,chaussure isabelle marant sneakers pas cher,3 milliard de dollars plus de 500 organismes, dont 240 t 220 stations de radio et plus de 50 titulaires de licences pour les nouvIsabel Marant x m (t mobile et Internet). Yo shod be abe to ceate the thid piece in

61. I know that my next Nike Free Run 2 Red Black Gold pair of dance shoes is going to be from Bloch. I have had nothing but great experiences with Bloch dance shoes. The initial pair of shoes from Bloch that I ever owned were a Nike Free 3.0 V4 Dark Grey Electric Green Wolf Grey pair of pointe shoes. Oh what a proud day that was for me. My Mom brought me to the shoe shop to choose out my shoes on a Saturday in April. I keep in mind it clearly. Just like it was yesterday. So why quit a great thing?

62. casquette ny pas cher April 20, 2014 at 12:26 am #

Appels au calme PerpignanUn nouvel “appel au calme et à la raison” a été lancé lundi soir par le procureur de la République de Perpignan, Jean Pierre Dreno, et le directeur départemental de la sécurité publique (DDSP), Henri Castets, après la nuit d’émeutes et de violences qui a suivi dimanche soir l’assassinat d’un Maghrébin de 43 ans. L’assassinat de Driss Ghaib a provoqué une nuit d’émeutes. Neuf personnes ont été bles

63. Buy Cheap Toms May 10, 2014 at 6:40 am #

Steinbacher, 22, La Crescenta, Calif., explosion Dec. 9 Marine 1st Lt. Nathan M. Clothes hung at a bar in the back of the Mountaineer; they’re all Irene took from the house. Neither of the two brought a coat, thinking they will be able to retrieve items from other home shortly after the storm. Tommy, 63, and Irene, 57, drove around Holiday City, a planned senior community of small ranch homes with garages, seeking rent or for sale signs. Throughout his years studying theater Hanks met Vincent Do

64. oakley frogskin May 19, 2014 at 7:03 pm #

She was co owner regarding Southern Rides, a magazine oakley gafas de sol which focused on local car and bike trends as well as events, until she had been bought out by her partner. She then opened a Olive Branch restaurant, Donna’s Grill. After Southern Rides ceased publication, gafas de sol ray ban baratas area motorsports lovers once again turned to Wadford with regard to her connections, enthusiasm and knowledge.. Next his head bent over the item, and his cold lips pressed against my own ski

1. WeddingStaff – comunitatea fotografilor si videografilor profesionisti de nunta din Romania | Cauti un fotograf nunta sau videograf nunta, aici ii gasiti pe cei mai buni. fotograf nuna, cameraman nunta, fotograf de nunta, videograf nunta - May 6, 2014

[...] Scott Robert Lim ne povesteste cum sa folosesti flash-ul sau lumina ambientala pentru a surprinde cele mai bune cadre. blog.chasejarvis.com [...]

2. The Top 5 Lenses for your Nikon Camera | Nikon Cameras - October 4, 2014

[...] Jarvis recommends the top 5 lenses to get for your Nikon Camera – read article (adsbygoogle=window.adsbygoogle||[]).push({}); [...]

3. LENSTOPIA Half IV — The Prime 5 Lenses for Your Micro 4 Thirds Digital camera (+ a couple of others) | TiaMart Blog - November 5, 2014

[...] tells me that greater than one hundred,000 of you caught my earlier Top 5 Nikon, Top 5 Canon & Top 5 Hasselblad lens posts, however it’s instinct that tells me what [...]