How 50 Artists Raised $125,000 for Charity in One Night

Remember the group fine art show I was bubbling about in September? I intro’d it here, updated the project here. In short, 50 fellow artists — some of the worlds best known photographers, street artists, fashion designers, painters, celebrities, sculptors and more — came together at the lofty Phillips de Pury gallery in NYC to raise money for charity…

This here video chronicles just a part of the story–the making of my piece (wish we were able to chronicle everyones!), the preview of the work, and the gala auction (sneak peeks of Sting and Serena Williams), in short, it’s everything we could muster capturing on video amidst all the hard work…notwithstanding the final, staggering result that we achieved together, raising more than $125,000 for Free Arts NYC. I’m proud and humbled. Hope you dig this and hope you can find a way to help one of your favorite non-profits with your art in the coming year.

As a tribute, here’s a list of my co-collaborators, the artists who worked to raise the money. Consider cherry picking a few names from the list–famous or not–and taking a peek at their work online. In alphabetical order: Chris Anthony, Damian, Aquiles, Tyra Banks, Gary Baseman, Michael Bernard, Liz Brizzi, Scott Brooks, Tory Burch, Taylor Christensen, Peter Coffin, Anne Collier, Will Cotton, Sante D’Orazio, Patrick Demarchelier, Phillip-Lorca DiCorcia, Eine, Fabrizio Ferri, James Franco, James Frey, Brad Goreski, Olaf Heine, Stella Im Hultberg, Krista Holt, Hush, Chase Jarvis, Norman Jean Roy, Sivia Ji, Joka, Eric Joyner, Kinsey, Steven Klein, Anita Kunz, Vashtie Kola, Jim Lambie, Aled Lewis, Phillip Lim, Charles Lloyd, Nate Lowman, Maripol, Marily Minter, Nico Muhly, Dabsmyla, Estevan Oriol, Billy Norrby, Alex Pardee, Hilary Pecis, Joshua Petker, Jean Pigozzi, Rob Pruitt, Brett Ratner, Joey Remmers, Risk, Matthew Rolston, Cynthia Rowley, Aaron Ruell, Natalie Shau, Jason Shawn Alexander, Joe Sorren, Jennifer Juniper Stratford, Gary Taxali, Max Vadukul, Nick Walker, and Kent Williams.

Here’s some press in case you missed it: Juxtapoz Mag, CoolHunting, Filler Mag, Nylon, DesignBoom, and Daily Du Jour to give you a taste.

32 Responses to How 50 Artists Raised $125,000 for Charity in One Night

1. Craig October 13, 2011 at 10:03 am #

I loved it… It made all the hairs on the back of my neck stand up ! thanks :)

• Karma Rae October 13, 2011 at 11:41 am #

So super-awesome! You inspire me Chase, & I now appreciate that piece more.
      -Karma Rae

2. James Tiblier October 13, 2011 at 12:16 pm #

This is a great project one that I would love to be apart of someday. I must say the work you put into your art is definitely appreciated by all.

3. Sam October 13, 2011 at 1:31 pm #

how long did this “little” project take?

4. Will October 13, 2011 at 1:36 pm #

Growing some hair old boy? Looking well.
    Congratulations on the piece, it looks pretty grooovy.

5. Marco October 13, 2011 at 3:51 pm #

Really cool, Chase! I couldn’t understand the closing price for your piece … am I wrong or you alone gathered more that 10% of the final raised sum?! You rock.

6. trent light October 13, 2011 at 11:18 pm #

Thanks for the vid chase and everyone els who helped put it together and the final product that went to action was well forth it

7. Eric Renders October 14, 2011 at 1:07 am #

Congrats ^^

8. Eddie October 14, 2011 at 2:00 am #

FANTASTIC, Chase!!! This is among you’re BEST WORK EVER. A very simple idea, executed to perfection. Truly creative, it illustrates that you don’t have to create an image to create an image! It’s also a TEAM effort for a great cause. Do it again, but DIFFERENT!

9. fas October 14, 2011 at 1:56 pm #

That is awesome, shows the power of the team.

10. RamanSingh October 15, 2011 at 1:01 pm #

creativity at its best!… Your an inspiration to all, Chase & the Team

11. Dwayne October 19, 2011 at 6:50 am #

Wow, this was awesome!

12. Edwardo July 9, 2014 at 10:43 pm #

You can cut your grocery bill by half or more as soon as
    you decide to become a smart shopper. If you purchase or renew your Beauty Club card
    in-store, you can request a senior or military discount.

So it’s time to hunt the online coupons that can make shopping economical.

13. Aracely July 10, 2014 at 5:39 pm #

Anyone who says that Facebook, Twitter, My – Space, etc certainly are a
    ‘trend’ that will soon pass just isn’t steering you in the right
    direction. It may be the difference within the number of traffic,
    that can ultimately determine the grade of performance in the real business.
    Keeping tabs on how customers view your organization, and reacting with it in time, might be not
    enough.

14. Plan de Compensacion BIM Latino July 10, 2014 at 6:13 pm #

Hurrah! After all I got a webpage from where I be able to genuinely get valuable data regarding my study and knowledge.

15. http://toweringnarrato86.kazeo.com July 11, 2014 at 10:20 pm #

This is very fascinating, You’re an excessively skilled blogger.
    I’ve joined your rss feed and look forward to in the hunt for more
    of your fantastic post. Additionally, I have shared your web site in my social networks

16. logiciel seo July 12, 2014 at 3:00 am #

Thanks on your marvelous posting! I actually enjoyed reading it, you might be a great author.
    I will be sure to bookmark your blog and definitely will come back very soon. I want to encourage
    that you continue your great posts, have a nice day!

17. devenir riche rapidement et facilement July 12, 2014 at 2:58 pm #

Howdy! This post couldn’t be written any better!
    Reading this post reminds me of my old room
    mate! He always kept chatting about this. I will forward
    this page to him. Pretty sure he will have a good read.
    Thank you for sharing!

18. care android July 13, 2014 at 1:44 am #

Just want to say your article is as amazing. The clarity in your post is just excellent and i could assume
    you are an expert on this subject. Fine with your permission let me
    to grab your feed to keep updated with forthcoming post.
    Thanks a million and please continue the gratifying work.

19. BeActive As Seen On TV Commercial July 15, 2014 at 3:36 pm #

Back surgery is often the last resort for treatment of spinal stenosis, but generally,
    physical therapy and regular visits to your chiropractor in Tampa should greatly help in the pain management process.
    Through following the above mentioned ideas, while equally seeking out more advice, you
    will be giving yourself a very good chance of. These are the
    signs that ring warning bell of damage we are causing to
    our body.

20. borderlands 2 cheat engine July 17, 2014 at 7:58 pm #

Gun-wise, each manufacturer has made their guns much more
    recognizable. It completely changes how Fight for Your
    Life works, by giving you a bundle of dynamite to use to kill an enemy and allowing
    you to move at full speed. However, the chance to appease
    the fans having a full-blown Metroidvania game was delivered
    with a few shortcomings. The Halo series would prove a much less immersive experience without the
    intricate, imaginative storyline and personable characters.
    Borderlands 2 Key Generator 2 covers five years after the opening in the
    vault (the end on the first game) as well as the scene is once yet again laid in Pandora.
    However, the opportunity to appease the fans which has a full-blown Metroidvania game was
    delivered with a few shortcomings. Which meant Mickey could not get up there till he was sure it was safe for inquisitive ten year old
    boys. However, the Intel Core i5-3570K Quad Core, backed up by a good GPU, handles it like
    a boss. With the performance of various PC parts constantly on the rise
    and their dropping prices, it’s easier than ever to build a gamer’s PC that can handle
    moderate to heavy gaming like a boss. The Darkness had a unique plot and some fun features but it was
    not a top seller.

21. get deleted facebook messages July 18, 2014 at 8:27 pm #

Just want to say your article is as surprising.
    The clarity in your put up is simply spectacular and i could assume you’re knowledgeable in this subject.
    Fine together with your permission allow me
    to snatch your feed to stay up to date with coming near near
    post. Thank you 1,000,000 and please continue the gratifying work.

22. gold ira rollover July 22, 2014 at 8:00 pm #

It indicated high concentrations of gold ownership finally became legal again in silver, and made a sudden change in demand.
    Another Briton to miss the point of this gold watch can make a good showcase of
    the highest places. But don’t be fooled for sure it’s a good investment then you win an ounce of gold and silver when they are
    relieved knowing that the project, and tax-free distributions from policy loans.

23. Anyone who sits on a horse for any reason should be wearing appropriate protective horse riding gear.
    Receive e-mail alerts when new articles are available. Foaled in 1704 and brought to England via Constantinople by Sir Robert
    Sutton, all thoroughbred.

24. hipaa privacy act August 5, 2014 at 8:08 pm #

We are a bunch of volunteers and opening a brand new scheme in our community. Your site offered us with valuable info to work on. You have performed a formidable activity and our whole neighborhood will likely be thankful to you.

25. permanentinis Makiazas August 7, 2014 at 8:01 pm #

So we take photos of garden arrangements and pllants that we particularly
    like, serving as inspiration for next year’s garden. Keep your eyes peeled for major carpet sales at local home improvement stores.
    Ducts are used to distribute conditioned air throughout a home.

26. document scanning companies August 13, 2014 at 11:13 am #

Generally I don’t learn post on blogs, but I would like to say that this write-up very pressured me to check out and do it! Your writing style has been amazed me. Thanks, very great post.

27. view August 19, 2014 at 9:47 pm #

Just want to say your article is as amazing. The clearness in your submit is just excellent and i can think you’re a professional in this subject. Well together with your permission allow me to seize your feed to stay updated with impending post. Thank you one million and please continue the rewarding work.

28. emr software free August 23, 2014 at 4:33 pm #

I feel this is one of the most important info for me. And i am glad reading your article. But should observation on some normal things, The site style is wonderful, the articles is actually great : D. Excellent process, cheers

29. shortcuts for emr systems August 29, 2014 at 4:01 am #

you have a terrific weblog right here! would you wish to make some invite posts on my weblog?

30. therapy emr software August 30, 2014 at 3:13 am #

Spot on with this write-up, I actually suppose this web site wants far more consideration. I’ll in all probability be again to learn much more, thanks for that info.

31. PrimeSUITE EHR September 1, 2014 at 3:32 pm #

Can I simply say what a reduction to find someone who truly is aware of what theyre speaking about on the internet. You undoubtedly know the right way to bring a problem to light and make it important. More people need to read this and understand this facet of the story. I cant believe youre no more fashionable because you positively have the gift.